Kid's Tablet buying advise!

Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

Personally, I'm against giving kids tablets.

Unless they're sleeping tablets, but then only enough to keep them asleep for eight hours. :d

Sumsung's all the way in the bigals household

although my eldest has a ipod and I just set up a huddle for my dad.

All good bits of kit. I think Samsung has the edge when it comes to price vs technology . The huddle is good but speaker volume is not as good as some and its heavy to hold

I guess you need to factor in what there friends use

Doesn't that fall under the Sale of goods act and make it entirely the problem of Argos as far as you're concerned?

Curious on the iTunes front. I've been using it since 2006 and it carries music over between updates and devices no problem regardless of where it came from (mine is 50:50 CD:iTunes sourced). The only issues I've had with it seem to relate to my old PC where it was difficult for it to pick up the device and generally ran badly. The constant iTunes updates on the other hand drive me mad. iOS updates are also terrifying events. iOS4 pretty much killed my poor iPhone 3G. They shouldn't have suggested it was ok for that model to run! iOS7 did work perfectly for me all round thankfully (as did iOS6 I think).

Id thought it was sales of goods but from what I can gather argos stated it wad a warranty thing. I don't know the full ins and outs just that both apple and argos were

I don't own any iproduct as I don't like their customer relations and attitude. Like when macs got the first virus all apple did was take off virus free on their website. Anyway I digress

Lots of my students complain abput itunes. The updates and losing music from their library. I think it tends to be the ones that are stored on your computer. The device ones stay but any none store ones on your conputer often disappear or need reloading. One student I remember in particular lost around 100 albums after a simple update. He was not chuffed.

I think tablets are good for kids provided parents apply suitable controls. Its certainly helped my kid with maths games and reading. Like all technology its how its used. One nice part is that you can turn sound off

For a 6 and 9 year old I wouldn't buy a Tablet or the like, i think they are too young for this kind of technology. I know plenty of parents that have bought them for young kids and they get broke within a few weeks, they just don't understand the value of them.

Plenty of other presents available for their ages. 

My 7 year old grandson has a Galaxy 2. I've been know to call him when I'm having a problem doing something on it. Last call was "How do I remove all the apps I don't want". He knew and told me clearly and concisely.

My initial reaction when he first got a tablet was to disagree because of his age. However I now see the value. He knows more than I do about modern systems and he'll need that knowledge in a few years time when his dad get's him to work in the office on school holidays.