Can I copy a spreadsheet into a post....

Norman Verona

..... and keep the formatting.

I tried the BBCode Mode and it keeps it going down the page but loses the coloumns.

This is normal posting

date gite Let (Y/N) 07-Jun MG   07-Jun LOTUS   14-Jun MG   14-Jun LOTUS   21-Jun MG   21-Jun LOTUS   28-Jun MG y 28-Jun LOTUS y 05-Jul MG   05-Jul LOTUS   12-Jul MG   12-Jul LOTUS y 19-Jul MG   19-Jul LOTUS   26-Jul MG y 26-Jul LOTUS y 02-Aug MG   02-Aug LOTUS y 09-Aug MG   09-Aug LOTUS   16-Aug MG   16-Aug LOTUS y 23-Aug MG y 23-Aug LOTUS y 30-Aug MG   30-Aug LOTUS   06-Sep MG   06-Sep LOTUS   13-Sep MG   13-Sep LOTUS   20-Sep MG   20-Sep LOTUS   27-Sep MG   27-Sep LOTUS        

And this is BBCode Mode

date gite Let (Y/N)

07-Jun MG

07-Jun LOTUS

14-Jun MG

14-Jun LOTUS

21-Jun MG

21-Jun LOTUS

28-Jun MG y

28-Jun LOTUS y

05-Jul MG

05-Jul LOTUS

12-Jul MG

12-Jul LOTUS y

19-Jul MG

19-Jul LOTUS

26-Jul MG y

26-Jul LOTUS y

02-Aug MG

02-Aug LOTUS y

09-Aug MG

09-Aug LOTUS

16-Aug MG

16-Aug LOTUS y

23-Aug MG y

23-Aug LOTUS y

30-Aug MG

30-Aug LOTUS

06-Sep MG

06-Sep LOTUS

13-Sep MG

13-Sep LOTUS

20-Sep MG

20-Sep LOTUS

27-Sep MG

27-Sep LOTUS

Whereas what I would like is:

Date.....Gite.....Let (y/n)

07-Jun...MG

07-Jun...LOTUS

14-Jun...MG

14-Jun...LOTUS

21-Jun...MG

21-Jun...LOTUS

28-Jun...MG........... y

28-Jun...LOTUS........ y

05-Jul...MG

05-Jul...LOTUS

12-Jul...MG

12-Jul...LOTUS........ y

(but without the dots for spacing)

ed to add that even the dots don't keep it in line

Many thanks

I'll try that, thanks.

date gite Let (Y/N) 07-Jun MG   07-Jun LOTUS   14-Jun MG   14-Jun LOTUS   21-Jun MG   21-Jun LOTUS   28-Jun MG y 28-Jun LOTUS y 05-Jul MG   05-Jul LOTUS   12-Jul MG   12-Jul LOTUS y 19-Jul MG   19-Jul LOTUS   26-Jul MG y 26-Jul LOTUS y 02-Aug MG   02-Aug LOTUS y 09-Aug MG   09-Aug LOTUS   16-Aug MG   16-Aug LOTUS y 23-Aug MG y 23-Aug LOTUS y 30-Aug MG   30-Aug LOTUS   06-Sep MG   06-Sep LOTUS   13-Sep MG   13-Sep LOTUS   20-Sep MG   20-Sep LOTUS   27-Sep MG   27-Sep LOTUS

No, that didn't work.

Lets see if it's copied as a web page works:

date gite Let (Y/N)                             07-Jun MG         07-Jun LOTUS             14-Jun MG         14-Jun LOTUS           21-Jun MG         21-Jun LOTUS           28-Jun MG y         28-Jun LOTUS y         05-Jul MG         05-Jul LOTUS           12-Jul MG         12-Jul LOTUS y         19-Jul MG         19-Jul LOTUS           26-Jul MG y       26-Jul LOTUS y         02-Aug MG         02-Aug LOTUS y         09-Aug MG         09-Aug LOTUS           16-Aug MG         16-Aug LOTUS y         23-Aug MG y         23-Aug LOTUS y         30-Aug MG         30-Aug LOTUS           06-Sep MG         06-Sep LOTUS           13-Sep MG         13-Sep LOTUS           20-Sep MG         20-Sep LOTUS           27-Sep MG         27-Sep LOTUS      

No, that didn't work either.

How about a link to a web page:

No, lets try changing from htm to jpg.

Norman, my eyes are going blurry here... are you trying to post a spreadsheet regarding the gites?

Yes, I would like to show the weeks that are free. I have created them on a spread sheet. But am having a problem keeping them in columns.

I have now copied the relevant section of the ss to a web page so could publish that and link to it but that means updating the ss, copying it to the web page and updating the website. 

I've just noticed "Speial BBCode", I'll try that.

or try saving as tab delimited.

Open that in word or text editor and copy paste

Don't bother!  Traders have the ability to attach a file to a post in the Sponsors & Traders Area only.  If it's the first post, you'll see Attach File at the bottom of the text box when you're typing.  If it's in a reply, use the More Reply Options button and you'll see the Attach File button.  If it's an edit, use the Full Editor button.

Members will then be able to download the spreadsheet from your post, and you can edit the post with spreadsheet updates as needed.

DATE     CLUB       Y/N

07-Jun     MG    

07-Sep     LOTUS    

14-Jun     MG    

14-Sep     LOTUS    

21-Jun     MG    

21-Jun     LOTUS    

28-Jun     MG        y

28-Jun     LOTUS     y

05-Jul     MG    

05-Jul     LOTUS    

12-Jul     MG    

12-Jul     LOTUS     y

19-Jul     MG    

19-Jul     LOTUS    

26-Jul     MG        y

26-Jul     LOTUS     y

02-Aug     MG    

02-Aug     LOTUS     y

DATE     CLUB       FREE/LET

07-Jun     MG       FREE  

07-Sep     LOTUS    FREE

14-Jun     MG       FREE

14-Sep     LOTUS    FREE    

21-Jun     MG       FREE

21-Jun     LOTUS    FREE

28-Jun     MG        y

28-Jun     LOTUS     y

05-Jul     MG       FREE  

05-Jul     LOTUS    FREE

12-Jul     MG       FREE

12-Jul     LOTUS     y

19-Jul     MG       FREE

19-Jul     LOTUS    FREE

26-Jul     MG        y

26-Jul     LOTUS     y

02-Aug     MG       FREE

02-Aug     LOTUS     y

OK, that works, so spaces it is. I'll just start it off and maintain it on here using the head hitter.

Thanks all.

Norman, I've just logged in as a Trader in a test and it does work, you can attach an Excel spreadsheet as long as the file is a .xls extension, not a newer .xlsx extension - it's better it that format anyway, as not everyone is running newer versions of Excel or have the special patch applied so they can open .xlsx files.

Or you can do it in Excel and save it as a PDF and attach it.

Thanks Scott. Problem was that it's not visible on the post.

I've thought it through and done it now. I've built the details in the special code box. All I need do as gites are let is change "FREE" to "let". Shouldn't be difficult, even for me.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

I was going to post the details over Christmas but as Peter forget the article in WW they may as well go up now. Onlt problem is those who don't visit here and then read it in next WW may be too late.