Ten thousand members?

bhouse

Scott - is the auto-renewal in operation for January?

Now that is a good point - the answer is no, it's not...unless the member makes the effort to turn it on in their PayPal account themselves.

Suddenly, all sorts of awful memories come flooding back from 12 months ago...long story short, people were getting renewal reminders and paying them manually, then shortly afterwards when their original renewal date was up, the PayPal auto-renewal would take a second payment.  It happened to 82 members last January, and caused Adrian and I hours of grief to refund it, plus having to email all of those people, explain and apologise.  Absolute nightmare - we decided it wasn't worth the trouble and turned auto-renew off for all members.

If you do set it to auto-pay, don't forget that you have done so and then pay your renewal manually; and also make sure your bank account / card details are still valid.

Scott, as long as the email reminders work then I can't see a problem. I pay as soon as the reminder comes in just because if I didn't do it then I may forget.

Reminds me of when I was in Rotary. When the annual subs were announced I got my cheque book out and paid it there and then. The secretary was still chasing other members 3 months later. There was a small group who had an annual bet on who would be last to pay. These were supposed to be upright and honest citizens of the community.

Scott, as long as the email reminders work then I can't see a problem. I pay as soon as the reminder comes in just because if I didn't do it then I may forget.

Reminds me of when I was in Rotary. When the annual subs were announced I got my cheque book out and paid it there and then. The secretary was still chasing other members 3 months later. There was a small group who had an annual bet on who would be last to pay. These were supposed to be upright and honest citizens of the community.

It's about as good a system as it gets, I think.  Not foolproof of course (nothing is) because fools are ingenious people as one or two of my siblings have demonstrated on numerous occasions.

The penny usually drops when the person in question is unable to post, and is particularly interesting and frantic when same person sees something they really want in Parts for Sale (or The Vulture's Waiting Room, as I call it) and they can't reply or PM - my email pings pretty quickly after that with a "How do I renew?" question. :d