Ten thousand members?

bhouse

I see the membership stands at 9933.

Would anyone care to hazard a guess at when it will reach 10k?

I'll bagsy 19:00, 6th January, 2014.

Just to clarify here, that number represents everyone who has been a registered boardroom user since 2001.  That means it includes past members, current members, trial members, sponsors, traders, and registered guests.

Though I'd say that before anyone asked what the number actually means. :)

scott what does tat number actually mean

I think it means he doesn't really know but it's something like that :)

scott what does tat number actually mean

Someone's feeling better! ;)

Someone's feeling better! ;)

:laugh:  :oops:

So how many actual, current, I've-paid-me-subs-and-I'm-proud-of-it members are there? Probably a l o n g way short of 10,000 judging by the criteria Scott outlined. Should I guess 3500?

a lot more than there was for sure since scottski took over

Agree with that, our Scott has done a fantastic job in, I think, doubling the paid up membership. It was at 1200 earlier in the year so must be about 1250 now.

He now has the target of 10,000 to reach so he'd better get busy :)

Thanks for the kind words, Steve and Norman.  In the interest of transparency, we're at 1,270 at the moment.  This compares with about 800 when I took over as DipStick, er, MemSec in May last year, and 1,125 at Stoneleigh this year.  The increases are the result of the hard work of not only me but very much the members as well, who help make the club such an attractive proposition by their friendliness and spirit.

This is a rather odd time of year though.  You might expect the numbers to go up with people buying memberships as Christmas gifts, but it doesn't happen.  Also, membership takes a irritating dip in January when people forget to renew, then goes back up again when they fail to get their mag in February or can't post when the spring weather arrives, wake up and renew. :d

Scott I'm still in my first year of being a paided up member, do we get a reminder when it's time to renew? Cheers

Yes Martin, you'll get a renewal invoice email in late February next year, 30 days before your membership expires, so no worries. :)

Scott - is the auto-renewal in operation for January?