Practice / learning day 2014

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

looking at organising something next year as an introduction/practice to racing..

I'm starting a new topic, to stop previous topic drifting.

i'm looking at organising something as a mini taster, i have some back room things to sort out with people.

as yet no plan, no venue, no date, no participants apart from that everything else is sorted!

cheers

Panda

I would be interest in this depending on location, will be watching with interest.

• Like 1

This is something the SWMBOs will do.

And Me too!

Great idea this! I would recommend it to all owners to have a go on the track with partners/sons/daughters/brothers/mates :-)

Even if you are not considering regular competition or trackday the opportunity to push you and your car a little bit further is great fun!

I would be interested I'm this I really need the practice !!! :-)

I've had a pm from someone who has already organised something similar.... So bear with me and I'll get some background.

The Shenstone event is a good day out for newbies but you will need to be a Shenstone member which is cheap. Around £15-£20 I think. Cheap for a day's tuition even if you want nothing else from the club

That's a great idea , esp if a road legal car car be used where you don't have to modify it for racing then if it don't appeal then it has to get changed back again .

Barwik, the road legal class is just that mate - very little adaption needed and you can drive to an event like chris bennett did last year :-) there is a very good beginners guide on this forum somewhere ;-)

Barwik, the road legal class is just that mate - very little adaption needed and you can drive to an event like chris bennett did last year :-) there is a very good beginners guide on this forum somewhere ;-)

me too...

my car went from spain through france and back to manchester 1300 miles and did some SS events aswell...

only thing i changed was i took the doors off!

I've made very few changes to my car for sprinting and it is very much a road car, complete with carpets and the comfy seats :)

Normally it looks like this

DSC_0622.jpg

The only changes i then make is to swap the bonnet as i keep one with all the speed series stickers on, and change the roll bar for my own peace of mind :)

DSC_7864.jpg

The only changes i then make is to swap the bonnet as i keep one with all the speed series stickers on,

That's a nice idea.

Have a look at this thread for an alternative, but that said I think it's a great idea to organise ones local to your area.

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/105732-introduction-to-sprinting-14th-april-curborough/

• Like 1