Half or Full cage

Hellski

don't even know where I would find an "MSA approved list" of installers

That's because you won't. As has already been pointed out Cast Iron's post about the "MSA Approved list" is not in the 2013 MSA Yearbook and I cannot ever remember it being in a previous one. What he has said is not correct.

From memory i think there were two types of rules - cages built to a spec in the msa or ones that had been homologated by the msa. I think the original caged cage for the caterham came under this and was only acceptable if the homologation stickers were all in place.

• Like 1

it wasnt in the 2013 book, but on one of the flyers that comes out with the MSA mag - you know, the one that says dont discard

it wasnt in the 2013 book, but on one of the flyers that comes out with the MSA mag - you know, the one that says dont discard

You mean Rule Changes, here's the latest one http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/contentCategoryView.asp?category=649

Not in there or the 2014 MSA Rule Yearbook. So look forward to you scanning your copy and posting it up, so we can finally confirm the position.

I wouldnt hold your breath nick

:d  :d  :d  :d

I think the Competition Secretary would like it if many drivers he deals with were in a full cage.

Nothing to do with Westfields at all, just that he'd prefer at least the more troublesome ones were kept safely locked up in a cage somewhere. :d

• Like 1

Well I have to put my hands up to complete senility - I have seen it, and wouldnt have made it up for a laugh. It must have been in the worlds most realistic dream. but I have read and re read the 2013 and the 2014 blue book, and last 2 years bulletins. No sign of said instruction. 

Fair play for putting your hand up and admitting to a mistake .. albeit a well meaning one.

Pleased we have got this settled and thanks for putting your hands up to it Mark.

It is one area I keep a really close eye on for a whole variety of reasons and will continue to do so.

never had any issues with my caged full cage

1. getting in and out - easy - and iv had 2 discs fused

2. the pillars are miles away from your head - if your going to hit the pillar - wear a seat belt

3. when I rolled my rush it had zero protection - we hit a deer - what would of happened with nothing strong sticking up in front of my head? hit a cow, horse? any animal it will decapitate the driver.

4. rac roll hoops don't give much protection at all - they will only work if you are on a flat road - and have a minimum 2in head clearance [from engine block to roll hoop] - theres a lot of stuff to hit on public roads - theres a lot of sticky out things

I know what id have after rolling over - trust me it makes you think again how close you come to death

• Like 1