Vintage Stoney Stratford meet

alexander72

http://www.vintagestony.co.uk/

Debs and I went to this last year and it was a fantastic meeting of over 200 casr from 1900 to present day - near MK if anyone fancies it?  there are a few pubs and we could have pint while we are there??

Or if any of the AO's want to help we could perhaps get a whole section to park in ??

JAmes

I seem to recall that Stoney Stratford was where the phrase "dangler and bull story" originated from, because that was the name of either the two pubs in the town, and there was a competition between them as to who could tell the tallest tale.

Or it might be an urban myth - who knows?

EDIT: Good story destroyed by the swear filter :d

Yep I hope to go this year.  I have been to the Brooklands New Year meet for a few years but fancy a change.

I'll probably take the 'T'

David

David,  Look forward to seeing you there mate - I shall take the "W" and have a cup of T :d

• 3 weeks later...

BTTT - any takers for a run out to Vintage Stoney tomorrow morning - weather looks reasonable first thing !

I'm still to go although the forecast looked a bit grim. I'll probably give it a miss if the 10mm of rain being forecast is correct

I would estimate around 11-30 am - might just be me as we had a nasty accident with one of the horses last night - jumped a 5 bar gate and landed both back legs in the top rung - nearly broke the hind legs !! Will post on here if and when we leave ! Cheers

James

Just checked the forecast and it's not looking any better ;-(

I'll get up at 8 and see what it's like.

Well unfortunately raining heavily here already so I am off to the office to work on my Sprint Car instead.