Small Front Lights?!?

Slimslow

Could someone tell me what options are open with regard to running small front head lights?

I have put it in this section as those of you that race will be the ones trying to cut down the drag factor!

I know the standard ones are 5", but I have seen a few pictures of what look like motorbike head lights.

I know they won't be legal but which ones fit, at what cost and from where?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terry Everall

• Mark Stanton

• dasamdy

• Buzz Billsberry

On a Race Car is Born he said smaller lights could knock 2 sec a lap off his time!

I've seen people with smaller ones that use them on the road, so would be interested in road legal ones myself.

regards,

greg

It probably makes more of a difference in circuit racing than sprints and hills  ;)  :D

But the small jobbies are much easier for when removing nosecone  ;)  ;)  and if you get the black ones you don't have that blinding reflection when the sun shines  :D  ;)

You need the ones with a sidelight fitted that do (just) pass an MOT  ;)  ;)  :)  Although I wouldn't recommend them if you drive a lot at night  ;)  ;)  :D  :)

MP in Swansea  ;)  :)  ;)

I have gone thro' 2 MOT's with out any problems!! and as for using them at night I don't find the lights a problem. I can see very well with them...mind you the amount of carrots I get delivered and eat during a week I don't need any lights I can literally  see in the dark :p

Buzz :cool:

Mr C-W - look at Scotts avatar = small black headlights  ;)  ;)  ;)  :)  :)  :)  ;)

Phone number anyone?

Thanks. I rang them and was told that these do not have sidelights fitted!

Anyone confirm or advise?

Terry

Yes I was told that they are fitted with s/lights.

Scott, planning to do a couple of trackdays to get used to the car- They all seem to want car in mot spec though- hence the lights!

Dave O.