Main menu

Norman Verona

Just a point of view. 

Why isn't "Club boardroom & website - Evolution and Issues" not in Main club area?

Why can't "Club sponsors and trade members", "club members adverts" and "external and non members ads" be grouped into one section called "MARKET PLACE".

I'm aware that stuff and nonsense is then left on it's own, but why not?

Answers on a postcard, or below.

Why isn't "Club boardroom & website - Evolution and Issues" not in Main club area?

Because it's not a forum group that gets used very often at all but is still necessary, which is why we deemed it better in "Chat & General Information".  It's not really a main issue, just a place for the odd fault or update.

Why can't "Club sponsors and trade members", "club members adverts" and "external and non members ads" be grouped into one section called "MARKET PLACE".

We separated Club Sponsors & Trade Members from Club Member Adverts and from External Adverts to make it all clear to all members that they were different things.  Adding another group and changing all those groups to sub-groups, and then changing Westfields for Sale and Other Vehicles for Sale to sub-sub-groups, all to add a boardroom heading of Market Place, would be very complicated and wouldn't add any extra value, plus we have had no complaints that the existing layout is confusing.

Hope that explains things! :)

Also, just on the traders section, if you go back to the original "brief", I seem to recall the section wasn't exclusively intended fro promotional deals and offers from the relevant traders, but also a place where they could initiate posts about things. What they're up to etc. Though admittedly, it doesn't seem to have really been used much like that.

Firstly I wasn't complaining. more of a suggestion.

Because it's not a forum group that gets used very often at all but is still necessary, which is why we deemed it better in "Chat & General Information".  It's not really a main issue, just a place for the odd fault or update.

With 4 out of the 7 having less topics I don't understand that response. If we were going on use then Stuff and Nonsense would be at the top. I have no problem with it being where it is before you think that's a hidden agenda. Just thought four main heading for what is in effect our market place was using up screen depth for no good reason.

We separated Club Sponsors & Trade Members from Club Member Adverts and from External Adverts to make it all clear to all members that they were different things.  Adding another group and changing all those groups to sub-groups, and then changing Westfields for Sale and Other Vehicles for Sale to sub-sub-groups, all to add a boardroom heading of Market Place, would be very complicated and wouldn't add any extra value, plus we have had no complaints that the existing layout is confusing.

This is even more confusing. I'm suggesting one section heading with the items listed exactly as they are. They all fit under a "Market Place" heading.

Anyway, I didn't expect any enthusiasm so we'll just leave it at that.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, now the misunderstanding has settled this is what I meant.

It doesn't concern itself with usage, just a logical grouping that's not as "deep" as the present one. 

Club Area

The Start line

WSCC Members Only Area

Membership Info

Local Area Meets and Events

Speed Series/Hill Climbing/Racing       

Club Boardroom & Website Evolution and Issues

Technical Corner

Frequently Asked Questions

aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,

Tech Talk

IVA Info

X-Cars

Marketplace

Cars for Sale

Westfields

Other makes

Cars Wanted

Parts for Sale

Parts Wanted

WSCC Sponsors and Traders offers

External Adverts

Club Chat

Stuff and Nonsense

Thanks for the input Norman, we'll take it under consideration. :)

Thanks Scot, it's just me liking things to be logical. And trying to get as much on the screen as possible without scrolling down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So, has any more consideration been given to this suggestion?

We have thought about the suggestion a few times and haven't ruled out anything at this time, but I'll admit there's been a few other more pressing issues on our collective committee plates since then. In particular, stepping up and aiding Andy regarding Stoneleigh before, during and after the show; the retirement of Paul and David Hussey from the committee, and the elections and getting our new committee members' administration and training in place; getting the Speed Series for this season sorted (on many different levels, both competitor and sponsor-wise); getting new WW sub-editors in place; creating a new downloadable archive of past issues of WW (back to 1996 so far); and the usual day-to-day challenges that rise like unexpected mini-mushroom clouds - yeah, it's been a busy 2014.

Changes like what you've suggested look simple, but we need a clear mind to be able to give it fair and logical consideration, and that just won't happen for several weeks yet I'm afraid.  It may all be good, but then we have to consider what the response to change will be from the members.  We keep an open mind about these things.  But this is one of our lower priorities at the moment, which no doubt you understand. :)

Phew...can you and the committee nip up here and help me with a bit of gardening in your spare time? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:;)

• Like 1

I couldn't even tell you how the main menu is currently laid out! I just click the 'View New Content' button, as I'm sure many others do - so layout / format becomes irrelevant then... ;)

Me too :t-up: