Round or flat bottom

tightscot

Steering wheels of course.

Santa is making his rounds soon, so - as I've been a good boy should I ask for a flat bottomed steering wheel (liking the momo) or stick with round. Mostly road and some track days. What do you think? Should this post be in The Start Line, haven't been on for a while and now confused as to the new look

Do you find the wheel hitting your legs when you are working the pedals? If so, then a D one might be an idea. Otherwise, I would worry about having to put on some opposite lock in a hurry and grabbing a rim that isn't there.

I use a round wheel, was 260mm diameter (too small) and is now 300mm in a narrow car, but I don't have any trouble fitting in a Westfield, compared with some who post here.

Jen

Steering wheels of course.

Santa is making his rounds soon, so - as I've been a good boy should I ask for a flat bottomed steering wheel (liking the momo) or stick with round. Mostly road and some track days. What do you think? Should this post be in The Start Line, haven't been on for a while and now confused as to the new look

The Start Line is the perfect place to ask any non technical questions about Westfields. So yes, you could ask the question there if you wanted.

There's nothing at all to stop you asking in Stuff and Nonsense either, but of course you might have to take flak about funny shaped wheels and a bit of thread drift and the odd "when I were a lad" type tall tale...

• Like 1

Ha, ha, you've got an Allegro wheel!  :p  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Sorry, i'll get my coat.  :down: 

• Like 1

Flat bottom, open top.....

accident218.jpg

... but only if you have a high ratio rack. I can get lock to lock without removing my hands from the wheel.

accident218.jpg

... but only if you have a high ratio rack. I can get lock to lock without removing my hands from the wheel.

Hi Norm!

Why did I just know it wasn't going to end with a new steering wheel upgraditis strikes again

Mines a D shape but then (as stated earlier) I have a quick rack. If not then I think I'd prefer the full round jobby. However, I do think it's a bit small as the arms can get a bit sore after a full track day and a bigger radius has got to help there.

Which reminds me, there's another thing to add to the Stoneleigh shopping list...!

That must be one hell of a ratio. Mines 2.5 turns lock to lock I cant get full lock without removing my hands.

Daniel

1.5 turns lock to lock. The only time I need take my hands off the wheel is when parking, because the steering is so heavy.