Bar on your Car?

peet

In the space of time since I bought my Westy I have gone from the pretend dangerous roll bar Westfield supply to a RAC roll bar and today got my personal fave roll bar the Caged - that's it for me now with this car - not going full cage. 

If anyone's interested here's a few pics of the 3 types side by side - look at the height difference!! 

20131202_113057-1_zps7b3c330b.jpg

20131202_113030-1_zpsdf62b5b5.jpg

Depends how tall you are! Some heads may clear the std one. At 5ft 10 my head sits below the heigh of the sport turbo seats and well below my RAC bar!

Also you may have a lowered floor.

Bob :)

The RAC one was ok but the standard one offers false protection i.e. it'd fold flat especially having a single bolt!

I'm only 5'9" so i've loads of room now especially with my lush new JK seats!! Christmas has come early for me!!

20131202_144635-1-1_zps0a5119c2.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting to see the three of them side by side to compare :yes: thanks :)

• Like 1

Did the stays on the highest one match the holes for the RAC bar?

I'm tall and suspect the RAC is not tall enough for me, even with lowered floors!

Glad you liked the Roll Over Bar Peet

It was a bargain and I could have sold it 6 times over

It's my fave buy for the car so far Terry, it's changed the look and feel of the car!

Doug the stays seem to sit slightly further back in the body but use the same location tabs on the chassis but I had to remove the roof rail tabs.

Mine has the earlier roll bar of three bolts each side. There is no bracing but I can certainly pick up the car by it (and often do using an engine crane). I know that's not the same as throwing the car upside down along the road but I would have thought it would offer some protection (it sits above my head). I've always assumed I would be dead if the car was upside down anyway but just a curiosity.

Paul

Saw one roll in front of me at Mallory Park on a track day at Shaws Hairpin at about 10mph

The car had a well braced roll over bar like the Caged/MSA/RAC type and driver and passenger were fine as was most of the car

Graham Frankand rolled his at Loton Park and quickly upgraded his bar