Wheels

Jan Coombes

I have just picked up some nice new (2nd hand) ACB10s, that I am planing to use next year, for the Speed Series.

2 questions

Will wrapping them in cling film help "keep them fresh".

and I nead a new set of 13" wheels but what should I get?

I want them to be as light as poss, but I here image wheels are very soft, I can not aford to get a new set every few years. So what should I go for?

Will wrapping them in cling film help "keep them fresh".
Why not put them in the fridge as well, should keep them nice  fresh. :p  :D  :D  :D
I here image wheels are very soft,
No thats the ACB10's. :p  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Jan are you going for 3 peice wheels? cos you can replace the rims at a fraction of the overall cost. :durr:

I've got some & they seem fine to me.

Andy :D

P.S. what size/compound did you get?

I am not sure, they are off a caterham road sport car.

I would like a set of split rims then I can have a play on some slicks at some point.

One idea is to see if I can blag some R500 wheels from my source, but the centers are really soft.

The R500 wheels are a bit dull too, I am after more of a Max power look.

No probs with my Image wheels and the front to a good bang into a tyre wall in April  ???

keep the tyres in the dark or wrap then in black plastic rubbish sacks whilst in starage to stop them going off  ;)

These Max Power enough for you Jan?

I paid £650 for 2No. 7x13's & 2No. 8.5x13's a couple of months ago. May get centres Powdercoated inAnthracite at some point, should have done it when buying. :durr:

I think these are what Peter has also, you can get them as cast ot billet centres I got cast as they are cheaper, although billet are stronger.

billet4.jpg

janet shut up !!!