BT vision vs virgin

dombanks

how does the functionality of the bt vision box compare to the tivo? ive read all the stuff and they all basically say they do the same thing but as a user how do you find it.

i have been a big fan of the virgin service for a while but at the moment i dont think im getting £70 odd quids worth out of it and i cant really cut it down to make it cheaper.

I've had in the past, a Humax PVR, Virgin Tivo, BT Vision and now BT YouView boxes and they all work the same, roughly speaking, all locked up now and again, they are digital boxes and they will get confused now and again.    The best so far is BT You View, only locks up once every 2 to 3 weeks. Access to CatchUp TV is accessed direct from the EPG on You View and takes you straight to the relevant  TV company website for streaming, you can go back 7 days. 

The YouView boxes are made by Humax, considered to be the market leader in PVR & set top boxes.

I bought a Humax PVR when they were first launched.

In that time (about 3 years?) it has never locked and works exactly as it's supposed to. It is slow to come on and the remote is slow to action the key presses which can cause annoyance.

So I'm off to watch one of the 70 odd "Grand Designs" I have recorded. See you later.

how does the functionality of the bt vision box compare to the tivo? ive read all the stuff and they all basically say they do the same thing but as a user how do you find it.

i have been a big fan of the virgin service for a while but at the moment i dont think im getting £70 odd quids worth out of it and i cant really cut it down to make it cheaper.

Sorry, I don't use it, Humax HD T2 box with freeview is all I need as I hardly watch TV. 

If its any help I have had BT vision for donkeys years now and our PVR is not the Humax latest type. The system however works pretty well and records two channels together. I've had no problems apart from recently when BT invited me to get BT Sport free if I resigned for 12 months. No problem says I, oh your box is no longer compatible and will cost a small shed load and theres no guarantee that BT sport will stay free once the 12months is up. In fact I will bet next months wages that it will end up as pay to view as the rest are now. Otherwise BT vision has been ok for me, so far and currently costs me nothing apart from the odd video download.

I would get your current set up checked out as there seems something wrong IMHO.

Bob :d