silly season again

SteveD

eeediots not cleaning there screens before driving

went to crewe this moring to drop iff a lift I had on hire at the weekend and saw countless muppets with frozen screens driving with just a 2 inch slit to see through , one old git in a skoda with frozen side windows and screen pulled out from a junction on my right hand side and pulled out towards me all the way across onto my side of the road because he could not see I had to hit the brakes to stop and hit the horn before he stopped before hitting me then he decided to give me hand gestures as if it was my fault ,even though he pulled out onto the wrong side of the road,it was me who stopped him from causing a accident the stupid old fart

they should just hand em three points

• Like 1

Are you sure you aren't in Brum wuv?

One that gets me is people spending money on de icer spray.  Don't want to get a rep as a tight A*** but it all adds up  :)

Tepid water, job done.

Are you sure you aren't in Brum wuv?

Hey!!!

That's my line!

In police report from getting run over with my wife

"Pedestrian's not seen due to mist on windscreen, minor incident, no further action required."

How is it having a phone against your ear is a distraction and will cause accidents, but misted/frozen windows is acceptable? When I drive, phone is on silent and I leave a blanket on windscreen... No frost on my screen! I can't even have stuff hanging from the rear view mirror or wipers that leave streaks!!!

Oh,

If I remember correctly, while living in Germany I was told the not clearing frost or snow from brake lights could land you with being pulled and getting a fine.

Always clear mine anyway... Just so no chance of any excuse if there was an incident. My following rules and hyper incident avoidance is beyond a joke!

That neatly brings us onto the next trick these morons will pull: inches of uncleared snow to fly off their roof at following traffic.

Hey!!!

When I drive, phone is on silent and I leave a blanket on windscreen...

Do you think having a blanket over your windscreen may have contributed to some of your incidents? :)

:) :) :) stop it Brian, I can't stop laughing.

Getting back to some sort of seriousness. Wouldn't driving a car without sufficient vision be construed as "undue care and attention"

I spend quite alot of my time waiting at driving test centres. A few years ago during winter I remember watching another driving test just starting (not one of mine!) and the car was totally fogged up and impossible to see out of  - but the candidate seemed completely unaware of the problem. Examiners aren't allowed to interfere much so he sat there for a while to give the girl a chance to demist - to no avail. Eventually, in order to try and give a subtle hint of the importance of seeing where you are going he carefully cleaned a small square of glass just big enough so he could see out. Expecting this would jog her out of her slightly nervous start and figure out that demisting was fairly important he was pretty surprised when the pupil promptly sped off! Examiner then dual braked the car - fail! A few seconds later he got out and walked the 20 meters back to the test centre. Hopefully she learned something from it though...

That's pretty funny Robo

Brain, I wish it was!!! I could take the blanket off and be in driving nirvana...

Norman, yes, I thought it would be. "Driving with undue care and attention" or "Causing injury due to dangerous driving"... Whatever correct terms are.

However... In my experience the driver can inform police officers that he was doing 3-5mph and dents were already in the bonnet. Which means that officers do not need to take statements from victims. However... When discussing it with Devon and Dorset Police they said the driver would've been arrested for a variation of running people over because of being a mindless muppet.

Interestingly I hired a Ford Fiesta over last few days, whilst in France, (sorry Norman way to far south to come and see you) and it had one of the Ford heated front windows, what  great screen, clear in about 2 mins. Well impressed. I was surprised that other manufacturers are not fitting then, but seem to remember that it was patented, anyone know the situation. ??

Interestingly I hired a Ford Fiesta over last few days, whilst in France, (sorry Norman way to far south to come and see you) and it had one of the Ford heated front windows, what  great screen, clear in about 2 mins. Well impressed. I was surprised that other manufacturers are not fitting then, but seem to remember that it was patented, anyone know the situation. ??

I'm not sure of the situation with the mainstream manufacturers but both Westfield and Caterham have options of Heated screen :)

I've never tried mine with ice or frost but it clears mist well :)

Correct Nick, Ford have the patent

Apart from when it comes to a Westfield ;)