I'm Back ! :) Sparky's XTR2

sparky21

Hello folks,

Well its been a while since have posted on here, although I have not been a member for the last couple of years I have still been popping back on to see what's been going on and its good to see all of the usual suspects still around :)

For the last couple of years I have been building and racing a Integra DC2 which has been great fun and have thoroughly enjoyed, they are fantastic cars although chalk and cheese with the XTR2.

I have done quite a bit to the XTR2 over the last couple of years and for those of you that remember it had a supercharged busa engine, over the years I had endless problems with reliability due to the supercharger casing cracking and various other problems so with some help of great Cosmick Mike we (He) rebuilt the engine to standard form so I could finally get some reliable use out of it and touch wood since then has been great.

The car has also been up to the gang at Northampton motorsport a couple of times and on the last visit pretty much had a complete chassis strip and rebuild and yet again another re designed fuel delivery system which has been working great.

I have done a few subtle body design mods too as you will see from the pics below.

Any how I have had a bit of a clear out of toys :( so the DC2, Boat and Defender have all gone and want to concentrate on the XTR2 so will be hoping to do as many track days and meets as possible :)

Anyway here are a few current pics as she is

CanonEOS350DCamera020_zps0ca1ad04.jpg

CanonEOS350DCamera014_zpse4649895.jpg

CanonEOS350DCamera013_zpsd30c7098.jpg

CanonEOS350DCamera012_zps765501bd.jpg

CanonEOS350DCamera009_zps9c182dac.jpg

CanonEOS350DCamera008_zpsd12c1099.jpg

CanonEOS350DCamera003_zps659cd22b.jpg

• Like 1

I hope youre getting a good endorsement fee from Vodafone! ;)  looks :cool: are the supercharger issues a regular occurrence with the busas or were you unlucky? Allbeit you had lots of problems- Bet it went like red hot poo with it though- 

It was an old design that TTS used on there 1st busa supercharger application and was not an "off the shelf" item so when I approached TTS they could only offer me to change everything to there new belt driven application as mine was crank driven, I am sure the new design would be much better as obviously the belt takes a lot of the strain and shock, but I decided to just try it N/A for a while and to be honest I am very pleased with how well it still goes.

This was a video from Northampton motorsports Dyno when it was supercharged :)

I had had a good few years use out of the car when it was supercharged as that's how it was when I bought it back in 2007 :)

Im still dreaming of a supercharged s2000 unit..... The std engine Im running is a cracker, but with a supercharger you've got torque to go with the huge power..... ever though about going down that route?

I have a lot of respect for the F20, an amazing engine, I have just done a couple of seasons with a B18 in a DC2 and love them to bits :)

A supercharged F20 would be :0 :0 :) :) :)

if I was in the uk Id have done it already, but its a little more complicated in Germany, as the westfield chassis is rated to max 280hp :down:  not that that isn't enough :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...