Laptop password

Buzz Billsberry

My 12 year daughter has managed to forget her password to get into ithe laptop it's running Vista home édition is there away to by pass and get in to the lap top

Buzz

If she was using the administrator account then no. If she wasnt, then login in as the local administrator account and reset her account's password. The default local administrator has no password I believe but if one is set and you dont know it you are fooked. Only other way is to reinstall O/S ins a separete folder, or if you have at some point created a password recovery disk. There maybe some utility out there that can help but I havent needed to look before

Hi John

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go tomorrow and see how I go and let you know.

Cheers

Buzz

• Like 1

There is you need a hirens cd/USB

Pm me and I'll sort it out for you

IT is my day job

Sorry I meant email me johnpdwilliams@hotmail.com

Hi John,

I've dropped you an email

Cheers

Buzz

replied...

Has she definitely forgot it Buzz? I'm just working on a friends laptop. I've just took delivery of a new SSD and memory for it and was going to back up and install this weekend.

When the laptop was delivered last night, I was told by the owner that she hadn't been able to access her account for a couple of days now - keeps telling she is inputting the incorrect password. She swears she hasn't changed it, and her kids have got separate (non admin) accounts. I have the password written down as I was meddling with it a couple of weeks ago, and it has definitely lost it's marbles!

It's getting a fresh install now, and hopefully a lesson learned in backing things up!!!

disk posted last night call me when you get it.

cheers

john

07912 515 570

Hi John

Many thanks for that. I'll give you a bell once it's arrived

stu99 yes she's definitely forgot it. She will not forget it again....she doesn't like been grounded,no mobile,games,fun etc!

Buzz

Bell'ed and fixed!!!!!

thanks for the chat

cheers

john

• Like 1