Westfield customer service

RoboS

Gary, my eldest is 42 (youngster is 40). So anyone younger than 45 is a "kid".

My lad and his wife communicate by text message. When they're both in the same room! If one's upstairs and wants to talk to the other they text. I note that their generation don't have the large circle of friends we had at that age. They talk to many "friends" on facebook but never see them in the flesh.

However, if they end up like me it may be worse :)

Youngsters tend to rely on Facebook and texts for all their news,  If it's not on FB or no one text's them------------------------------------------------------It didn't happen.

I go up me local every Thursday night at 9pm to meet my fellow engineers.  The oldies always turn up without prompting but the youngsters say to me, "you didn't text me to say your going, so I thought it was off tonight"

Goodness me, we go every Thursday.

I think this is a by-product of our IT age: the ability to instantly communicate - and correspondingly to be communicated to - has led to this '24/7' culture.

Personally, I really dislike the whole thing: text/email/Twitter/facebook, etc.  SWMBO’s mobile is pinging messages at all hours of the evening, she’ll exclaim “Oh, who’s that at this time?!' -  and then pick it up and respond!   ???   I’m happy to meet friends ‘by appointment’ but the idea of intruding on them at all hours is a complete 'no-no' to me... 

Business is business, but there’s no reason why it has to extend beyond office hours IMO.

Must be getting old now ( I got grumpy years ago)!

R