weight saving on the cheap

pickmaster Andy Lowe

Over the last year I've had my Westfield I've been removing bits I don't need and I have been shocked by the amount of weight you can loss without spending thousands

This little pile is about 146lbs :t-up:

I'm going back to Colin Chapmans and Norman Veronas original idea {lighter is faster} :t-up:

210_zps6ff63101.jpg

When I get time I'll do a blog listing the weights of each item if anyone is interested, so you know before stripping it off

:dg-westy:  :dg-westy:  :dg-westy:

• Like 1

I took loads off my car this year although a few bits will have been replaced by slightly lighter alternatives such as the fan.

Spare wheel 14.7kg

Spare wheel carrier 1.0kg

Number plate bar 0.7kg

Heater matrix 3.9kg

Wiper motor 2.0kg

Washer bottle 0.5kg

Side screens (2 of) 3.9kg

Windscreen & mirrors 7.0kg

Hood frame 2.2kg

Hood 2.7kg

Engine fan & ducting 3.1kg

Filfan I'm keeping the heater and storing most of the bits, just incase I want to swap it back when I get old and cold

All last year I only used the heater 4 times !!!!!

That little lot is the weight of small adult passenger ????

That bit is easy and cheap. The next bit is expensive. The last kilo costs a fortune. Mind you cutting the excess bolt lengths down and drilling holes in things is cheap but time consuming.

I'm adding weight back on now in the form of paint and lacquer.

Easiest and most cost effective way of reducing Westfield weight which people forget about...stop eating fat b******d food and loose some weight.

Buzz

I know when I started as an aircraft fitter on Hawker 125 business jets every bolt was cropped down to 1 1/2 to 3 threads to save weight

I've as you say done the easy bit

It will now be checking looking to find more losses, but costs have to stay low with a young family so it's going to get interesting for me

I can see lots of weight that I can loss but too costly for me, calipers and discs, alloy bell housing, digital dash, carbon. I can dream :(

Easiest and most cost effective way of reducing Westfield weight which people forget about...stop eating fat b******d food and loose some weight.

Buzz

I'm on that one too extending my jogs from 20 mins to 30 mins ;)

I'm on that one too extending my jogs from 20 mins to 30 mins ;)

Lol good man

Buzz

I'm going to extend my jogs from 10 to 30 ------------------seconds. No point ripping out all the hardware when lard ar*e sat inside is 3 stone overweight. As buzz said the side effects can only be a benefit, start my diet tomorrow after our meal out tonight, and couple of beers.

Bob :down:  :p