Looking for first car, what to get for £8k

andyf

I've noticed there are 3 or 4 newbies looking for cars and not many for sale, could be fight between them.

Very true, glad I've now found mine :) but I'm sure more will popup for sale soon.

Good luck finding your new car, its part of the fun awaiting for new cars to appear, and you will know when its the one.

Hi.

I'm a newbie and have just been through the buying process!

There are plenty out there but good ones are rarer as they get snapped up. The rest seem to sit there sometines slowly going down in price..

First up def try some Westy and see what you need and decide what you're going to use it for. Being on here helped me so so much, it also stopped me buying the wrong car.

You SHOULD be able to get either a well sorted redtop/zetec car circa 96-2005 car, pinto engined one a £1000 less.

Look for things like floor mounted pedals, seats, decent roll bar, carbon bits, gearbox type etc - anything thats going tocost you after you buy it or knock it off the price.

And enjoy the hunt it's fun not a mission!