Chris Evans Breakfast Show

Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

I know he is not to everyones taste but..... this mornings effort was, in my opinion, immensely entertaining. Have a look at the guest list, you can listen on the podcast or similar....

I used to avoid Chris Evans on the radio (R1 and Virgin particularly) in the past as he seemed a huge, self-important :arse: and painting all those Ferraris white is bordering on a crime, but he has definitely mellowed now and I don't mind him in moderate doses these days.  (Plus Moira Stuart and her delicious voice :love: )

Steve Wright, however, desperately needs putting out to pasture, can't stand him at all, just has to ruin music by singing along, talking over it or making some idiotic comment about the artist.  His interviews are cringe-worthy, kissing the :arse: of whoever he talk to.  Unfunny, irritating, and way past his prime.

And I'm sure Jeremy Vine is probably a nice, intelligent man, but the adversarial, issues being black-or-white format of his show, combined with the morons who appear on it or call in, make R2 a no-go zone M-F 12-2 :angry:

/minor rant over :yes:

Phew, feel better Scott? 

My media career is going well now and I have appeared on 5Live and the Chris Evans show... he is a very nice chap though i do agree what even if you have got a job lot of white paint you shouldnt put it all over a fezza :-)

who was on this morning Gary?

who was on this morning Gary?

Sir Ranulph Fiennes (always a good story or two), Kim Wilde (and her neice who has a most amazing voice + others of the Wilde/Smith family), Cliff Richard (who can still sing live at 8.30 in the morning) and Miranda Hart (who I used to dislike but now makes me laugh out loud).... also a Marine who could sing for Britain....These were on together.....

He did see sense and not paint is 250GTO white, a bit too valuable that one to mess up.

I used to avoid Chris Evans on the radio (R1 and Virgin particularly) in the past as he seemed a huge, self-important :arse: and painting all those Ferraris white is bordering on a crime, but he has definitely mellowed now and I don't mind him in moderate doses these days.  (Plus Moira Stuart and her delicious voice :love: )

Steve Wright, however, desperately needs putting out to pasture, can't stand him at all, just has to ruin music by singing along, talking over it or making some idiotic comment about the artist.  His interviews are cringe-worthy, kissing the :arse: of whoever he talk to.  Unfunny, irritating, and way past his prime.

And I'm sure Jeremy Vine is probably a nice, intelligent man, but the adversarial, issues being black-or-white format of his show, combined with the morons who appear on it or call in, make R2 a no-go zone M-F 12-2 :angry:

/minor rant over :yes:

Spot on, Scott

I've discovers R2 in the last couple of years once R1 made a concerted effort to get rid of the over 30s. I really like Chris Evans but I liked him in the past, but I was much less mature myself when he was on R1! I also like Simon Mayo's show in the way home. Steve Wright, on the odd occasion I hear some of his show, can be ok. The last time I caught any of it was 10 minutes of astrology crap though.

• Like 1

exackerlee what Scott said :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :d I hate Steve Wright to :angry: and he's always playing his favourite Associates record from the 80's utter utter :arse:  :angry:

i like steve wright as it reminds me of O level revision and drinking strong lager in the sun my mate nick, and Samantha Palin :love:

Its Friday guys....has no one anything positve/nice/congratulatory things to say...... :down:

Its also Speed Series awards night tomorrow..... hic  :love:

Added.... thanks James..... I like Steve Wright as well, but not as much as Johnnie Walker....

• Like 1

Gary,  I always try  and be positive old chum.  Ive just had my hair cut and a hot towel shave at the barbers ready for SS dinner tomoorrow amd i cant wait!!  Thank god its friday - time for a few ciders tonight before I get the westy prepped for run to Hotel tomorrow night :yes:

Didn't hear the show mentioned, unfortunately he's not to my taste and his voice really bugs me!

As for the Ferrari's... He has enough looking at his red hair and can you imagine the comedy value of an annoying ginger bloke with red Ferrari's!

The question has to be...

"Which would you rather have? His Ex Wife or Ferrari collection?"

As for the Ferrari's... He has enough looking at his red hair and can you imagine the comedy value of an annoying ginger bloke with red Ferrari's!

Dunno about that, he is almost as white as his Ferrari collection nowadays!!!