Petrol prices

Andrew

I'm not doing many miles at the moment so haven't topped up for a couple of weeks.. :blush:  just noticed my local garage are charging £1-27 for a litre. Pretty sure not so long back they were up about £1-34??

I guess the supermarkets will be a couple of pence cheaper than that too.. how we doing for prices about the country? ???

£1.27 cheapest near me Bolton Lancs

Gone down here too. Petrol consumption has gone down in the UK over the last few years although Diesel consumption has gone up.    The US are now overproducing refined fuels so the cost has gone down.  Still expensive though and the lower cost won't last will it?

It allways goes down in winter, til' the Christmas holidays, then back up again ready for the summer when everyone wants to get out and about, they aint daft you know, but they think we are and we dont notice ;)

Doing many motorway miles and filling up at motorway services most of the time I do not look.

But have found that only using V power or Ultima fuels I get many more miles! Yes it's 5pm more a litre, so costs £2.50 per tank.. But in the city run around I get 70miles extra on a motorway run... So save about £8!!!

143.9p/ltr for super unleaded over here and 147.9p/ltr for diesel.  Makes me sad when I see what you chaps are paying just over the water :(

The local supermarket has 95 and 1.45 so about 1.218 in £.

I pay 52c for red diesel.

The local supermarket has 95 and 1.45 so about 1.218 in £.

I pay 52c for red diesel.

just goes to show how we are getting ripped off with diesel because its the same stuff but with a dye added.so should cost more

just goes to show how we are getting ripped off with diesel because its the same stuff but with a dye added.so should cost more

See if we had to have dye added to make it legal for our cars, green diesel?, they would say it costs x amount, then supplies out price up, then delivery of due has gone up and those extra costs get amplified and added to the pump prices!

It just goes to show how much duty there is on road fuels, because that is the sole difference in the price. :(  :(  :(

and what do they do with all that duty?. waste it giving it away in aid to other countries