Accusump possibly wanted

CRAIGR

ahh the source of evil them wuv

imho wuv there only worth binning :blush:

pile of pooh thats made to mask a problem not cure it

I can get a baffled high capacity sump which would cure any sideways surge but apparently they can lose oil pressure under acceleration also :suspect:

Knowing where the weakspot is is half the battle. Can more walls, trapdoors etc not be added to cure the problem? Even proprietary sumps can nearly always be improved upon with a little thought...

Any pics of the wet sump???

Well that one wouldn't take much to improve it at all if that piccy is anything to go by...no wonder it suffers oil surge! No where near enough baffling and pick up pipe shrouding, especially for something like a Westfield...

Craig, 

I have used an Accusump on a race car because we could not get enough room to fit a normal dry sump system. It got rid of the oil surge problem which that car had ( DJ Firehawk) but has already be said it's really only hiding a problem as it's an accumulator. I was using the electric valve one, which I think was better as it takes a while to recharge, which means that once oil pressure has dropped away it goes back into the engine first. Have tried one with a mechanical straight through valve and I felt that put too much straight back into the sump rather than the engine.

So use one if you want, but just be aware of their limitations. They are certainly a easy cheap solution, but if I used another one I would always data log it, to make sure it's working everywhere on the track. For example I never took the DJ to Mallory Park as I knew Gerrards would kill the engine.

Hope that helps.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.