would you build another ?

XTR2Turbo

Would you build another?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interested to see that Gadgetman has started on a new build 10 years after his first Westfield.

I wonder how many others would like to do the same.

If yes why? if not why not.

For me the main issues are always the cost of second hand vs new and the hassle / cost of IVA but I enjoy a project, like to make my own mark and upgrades etc so I have a couple of projects on the go almost 5 years after building my XTR2

Might be useful feedback to the factory too.

David

I've voted, the reasons are in the build thread, but yes I enjoy a project. I admit though, that this time round, I actually don't really have either time or space! heaven knows what I', letting myself in for. But I've also come to the conclusion that if I don't do it now, I never will. And would regret it.

• Like 1

Would build another, prob along same lines as Gadgetman, agree it's more costly to do, but for me it's the time element too!

So having sold my first Westie that I built, had a fab 8 years ownership. I did the Elise itch for 12 months then bought a finished Duratec in module build standard. That left me with lots of upgrades to do whilst still able to use her!

I null voted as I've never built!

Not sure if I would, but possibly would undertake a re-build project if I had the things I've've not currently got - enough time, enough money, loads more space. And I could run current Westie at same time.

IVA puts me off and anyway its cheaper to buy existing and mod to your own spec so long as engine is one you want

I've just voted no :oops: whist I relish the challenge of building cars, part of the reason I sold my narrow was because I wanted to try something different. my second build was too much like my first and i never bonded with it in quite the same way as my SDV :down: the single seater is quite different though :yes: so keeping me very interested right now :cool:

• Like 1

I also voted no.

I would love to build another one, but too expensive really. I was fairly fortunate as I picked up my pretty much unstarted kit for a good price, which made it more like a build that cost what it is probably worth.

BUT

I would take on another car, pull it apart and rebuild it sometime in the future

I'd love to, and if funds allowed would go for it in an instant. If you'd have asked me this time last year though, I'd have said no. Must be getting spannering withdrawal symptoms.

Part of the appeal is how I'd do it differently this time, and how I'd spec if differently.

In theory I'd build another, but I've only just finished this one!

It is frustrating that it's worth less than the cost of the kit, or the same.

I hope to build something else in the distant future if I'm lucky enough to have the funds in retirement. Maybe a cobra, or GT40, or stratos, or all of them if I strike oil.

Voted yes other- If I wrote this one off. Coming up to five years old looks like new and plenty of upgrades and bits to do enough to keep me amused.

A no vote for me .......... too costly and too much hassle to build with IVA and you always spend far more than the cars worth - if in market for another I'd buy used and save money and time ;)

Is IVA really that much of a worry to everyone ??? Pick your engine correctly and I'd assume the rest is in the finish, surely something you'd aspire to get right if you were building your own dream car!

Just do it!!

IVA puts me off and anyway its cheaper to buy existing and mod to your own spec so long as engine is one you want

Agree completely looked at building one but the cost out ways the use really IVA has started to take the fun element out for me! Just glad I built a couple along side my dad, least I've had the chance that way

I have enjoyed rebuilding mine with the new chassis and so so many mods it is basically a new car

And no Iva just mot it and tax and off it goes again

Yes if I had the money. SWMBO may not be happy as she said the hassle of this one was enough, but if money wasn't a problem I think she would let me start building another. (I have always got my son to think about 12 years from now)