Garage Improvements & Ideas.

Paulm3

Matt, one option to stop concrete dust is to seal the floor with PVA. In fact I would that anyway before laying a floor covering.

Matt, one option to stop concrete dust is to seal the floor with PVA. In fact I would that anyway before laying a floor covering.

this worked really well for me in the garage i rented. the floor was untreated and incredibly dusty 50:50 pva and water applied with a  broom did the trick and stopped most of the dust. i gave it 2 coats and used a cheap tub of pva from B&Q

I have a painted floor in my garage that has killed the dusting, but the R1R's are plucking the paint

So I have just bought some of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120988611661?var=420094569387&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheapest I could find anywhere.

They have not arrived yet, but I can report back when I have put them down

Yes I use the interlocking foam mats. Great to lie on and easy to clean. Just be aware they expand in summer so sometimes swell up and stop being flat. Leave a little space and lay in non interlocked sections. They are also great to link two or three to lie on outside under the car.I got mine from machine mart.

Speaking of Machine Mart... do they still do the VAT free days?

I've not had any junk mail from them for a little while.

Yes, one last Sunday at the Altrincham branch, and IIRC another tomorrow. Last one was a few months or so ago.

Presumably other branches will be running on slightly staggered schedules?

You can get brush strips from B&Q to go along the bottom to stop all the leaves and stuff blowing in.

Trolley stands could also be useful to move her left and right when you're working on her.  

Piece of string hanging from the ceiling with a teddy bear on the end that hit's yoiur windscreen and tells you when to stop  :blush:

Yes, one last Sunday at the Altrincham branch, and IIRC another tomorrow. Last one was a few months or so ago.

Presumably other branches will be running on slightly staggered schedules?

Ahh... I've obviously dropped off their mailing list.  Best drop in and buy something cheap and get back on.

I get their emails but no VAT free days for ages. If I get one in the next few days someone can have it.

I've done the piece of string hanging down but no teddy bear only the plug for my Ctek charger which plugs in under the dash.

I'd be a little wary of sealing up all the draughts. Garages need to breathe otherwise anything stored inside will get too damp. It's a choice between sealing it up, insulating it and either gentle heating or using a dehumidifier, or just let it breathe IMHO.

I had a machine mart vat free voucher that ran out last Sunday (but not before using it) :)

I would always have a workshop creeper that doubles up as a handy stool for any garage  :yes:

I have a painted floor in my garage that has killed the dusting, but the R1R's are plucking the paint

So I have just bought some of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120988611661?var=420094569387&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Cheapest I could find anywhere.

They have not arrived yet, but I can report back when I have put them down

The tiles turned up today, they look quite good in the wrapper. 

My plan is to lay them Friday morning, and I will report back after :yes:

The tiles turned up today, they look quite good in the wrapper. 

My plan is to lay them Friday morning, and I will report back after :yes:

I have had these in my garage for a year or so now.

They work fine and look good.

I used Ronseal Diamond floor paint and even after washing the floor twice (with patio cleaner) it still lifts and axle stands/ramps scratch it...

I have a Lotus sign fixed to the wall (previous car) fridge, radio for the GP on R5 Live in the summer and a few other bits.

Use both sides of shelves.  I've got a load of small plastic screw top containers with the lids screwed to the underside of the shelves.  Fill the containers with your bits and bobs and then screw the containers into the lids. You can do the same with glass jars.

I forgot to mention the glass jar tip:

IMG_0843_zps3edbde66.jpg

R

• Like 1