New to westies but willing and able-ish

Barwik

Hi everyone . 

Not been in a westy before but  had a 911 and got embarrassed while trying to catch up .... but anyway........looking at buying my first , previously bought a very poor Robin Hood 2B but its never gonna make a car without spending a fortune and it still going to be a rather sad effort ( ya cant make a silk purse out of a sow's ear )

So gonna bin that and put funds towards what I hope is the correct decision in a westy .

Will hope to catch a few meetings in or around the Skipton ( north Yorkshire area ) and hope no -one minds me having a peek .

Budget only gonna be around the 5-6-7k ish I'm afraid 

best regards john

Welcome

Don't know how many cars you will see at club nights both Skipton or Fox & Grapes but plenty of owners around Yorkshire who I'm sure wouldn't mind you having a poke around their cars at home. Welcome to see mine anytime, I'm in Pontefract along with at least 2 other owners.

Welcome aboard

I picked mine up for 5k then had money for the upgrades I wanted last winter ;)

Welcome. I'm a newbie too and only got my car 3 weeks back. Same sort of money got me a nice 2006 Seiw with a 2ltr Pinto so sit back and enjoy your hunting - its a buyers market every single one I rang was still for sale.

Do try out and look at a good few too, I tried one with floor mounted pedals and I instantlt knew that that was 1 thing I had to have so enjoy the hunt!!!

O.k , thanks for that , I know its a good time to buy , dont really want to offend anyone with some hard haggling but its my hard earned after all , I suppose any seller can always say no or wait till april . I'm a bit old fashioned about the engine and would be happy with a pinto but yer right , I need to see a few first . I do have a brand new set of 45 webbers with manifold waiting to be fitted as well .

Its tough for the seller as people invest so much time and money into these projects but thats the way it goes .

ta anyway . john

I thought I'd said hello, but in case I didn't  -  hello.

My feelings, for what there worth, is it's probably safer buying from a club member than a dealer or a "stranger". I think it's a case of you'll know the right car when you see it, sit in it and get taken round the block in it than all the written words describing it will do.

Good luck. The North Yorkshire mob, ably led by Martin, will really help you.

• Like 1

I thought I'd said he;;o, but in case I didn't  -  hello.

My feelings, for what there worth, is it's probably safer buying from a club member than a dealer or a "stranger". I think it's a case of you'll know the right car when you see it, sit in it and get taken round the block in it than all the written words describing it will do.

Good luck. The North Yorkshire mob, ably led by Martin, will really help you.

Wise words.

I'd just add, the more cars you can get to look at, the better the feel for them you will get, and the more the "right" car will jump out at you.

Hiya Jon,  most Westfield owners are happy to show you there pride and joy and in Essex we often give demo runs at our meets.  I would guess that the Yorks members are happy to oblige as well.

Yes we are!!  We are meeting at Cracoe on Sunday 3 November at Johnsons café from about 10:00am (when it opens) and leaving at 11:00 for a tour into the Dales.  Why don't you join us for breakfast and, if you are feeling brave, I'd be happy to offer you a passenger ride :)  :)  :)

Rory's Dad