westfield register - i'll start

alexander72

my car - 1990 SE owned by me and previously competed successfully  by Mr M Parkes

My :yellow-westy:

54' 2005 SeiW, built from kit with new plates.

1800 Zetec silver, MT75 gearbox

Owned buy:

Stephen guest

Philip Millichamp

The builder (unsure of name)

1972 (1990) SEi owned by me,

Previous owner Rob Navin who used it in the Speed Series,

Before Rob owned by Dave Banner who won the 2000 Harewood Hillclimb Championship in it,

1991 SEiW, built by me. Originally with the then typical 1690 Xflow & 4 speed box, swept wings. Over the years it has morhped a bit and now has a 2l Zetec and Type 9, cycle wings and sports a shiny new coat of paint in a modern colour, along with a couple of bits of carbon bling, LED rear lights and the de Rigueur Pro Race rims

It's never done anything exciting or impressive, other than being a Westy and bringing a smile to the face, which is enough for us. It did appear in PPC magazine after I did the refresh on it a while back.

Isn't this kind of pointless without registrations?

Kinda but I think DPA prevails...

The info is and will be useful if the uptake is good. It can be "closed book" in that valid members can make a submission for info about a car by reg number and or chassis number within reason. Don't think it could ever be a public database, certainly might be pushing it to make it members only as far as DPA goes.

Isn't this kind of pointless without registrations?

Kinda but I think DPA prevails...

Give that man a cigar :yes:

I think its interesting to see a cars provenance and for those competiton cars its especially useful as you can get a flavour for competitiivenes and changes over the years

Chaps, can I make a suggestion; we currently seem to have debate opening up on multiple fronts. For clarity and to get everyone's opinions together, it might be better if i move any non car description posts over to the other thread?

• Like 1

The DPA is much misunderstood piece of legislation. The law does not mean we cannot collect reg & chassis numbers (as long as the owners agrees) It does mean that we must take every effort to protect the data from being misused. This normally entails not letting anyone else have access to it but it can be published to a group that agrees to its publication. Therefore by filling in the reg and/or chassis numbers on a vehicle spec form the owner would be agreeing for the information (because it would say so) being published to other club members.

Many members publish their reg numbers on this forum. Others don't.

That was my point before Norman, things like that are "just" a house keeping technicality. (I know there is more to it than that, but it is largely a question of making sure the right permissions are asked for and given from the person adding their info to the DB and from those seeking access to it.)

But to get to that stage, you need to have the will and motivation of a large enough group of members to make it worthwhile.

92 SEIW built by a Mr Zambuni from Plymouth on a Q pplate

I bought it From Jill - Chris Snells Bird about 8 years ago

Was a 16 pinto road car with full weather gear and a windscreen

Did a pretty good job in the speed series after I put the Sigma in

Now evolved into a road legal race car with full roll cage and an aeroscreen which has just come 6th OA and won the Kit car class of the Northern Saloon and Sports Car Championship

Nice idea but needs better planning and preparation.  There should be a set format (template) for each entry so that the details of each car are consistent.

A good template to follow, would be the BMW M Registry.  Owners can submit their chassis no and reg no plus details and photos of their cars and the registry keeps a record of when cars change hands etc. Really good site imo

I'm with Rob.

Now I think we should PM a comprehensive history from build to now and add photo's to someone to build a full database of every Westfield.

But who should do it?

Scott?

James?

Someone from the factory?

None of the above, I could not nominate or suggest a friend... As for the factory, can people please stop getting things done there and give them time to finish my car!

I believe Norman is retired and has more than enough spare time to construct a detailed and complete database!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Possibly.

I finished the house today. Rock garden laid out, porch wall rendered and painted. And a huge clear up. Took two days...... and the muscles of Ed, a young lad who lives with his nan about 10 miles from here. Mind you I did the rendering and painting all on my own.

A few days rest and a nice trip to Chinon on Sunday for lunch at the restaraunt we went to with the penine to pyranese chaps. It's our wedding anniversary and HM wants to go there. As it's one and a half to two hours away we're having lunch not dinner.

OK, back to the register. I'll happily do it , but I don't think it will work as so many say it won't, it'll end up being a self fulfilling prophesy.