"Ee's only gawn an' dun it!" S2000 content!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Is it built yet?

Come on Dave, get your finger out.

That will be quite a few £10 gift vouchers Dave  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

I hadn't thought of that,  SIMON!  :laugh:

:db-westy:  :db-westy:  :db-westy:  :xmas: 

• Like 1

LOL better be quick there are only a couple of days left I think !!! .......Looking forward to seeing this build evolve 

Not going to be too much stuff happening until the chassis arrives, but in the mean time, here's the initial building block!

gallery_15316_121_2555444.jpg

Fresh off the back of a DHL truck and unwrapped.

So far it's mainly been a case of stripping the engine back, ready for painting, and removing the sump:

gallery_15316_121_1449441.jpg

Ready for the baffle plate to be welded in:

gallery_15316_121_1634399.jpg

If I get a chance later on, I'll try and get the build thread "proper", started up and copy these across to it, along with some photos of just how much has come off the engine for painting purposes.

- It's interesting to see this, there's a hell of a lot of large lumps of metal that can come off this engine if you want. (I'm not, I'm keeping the engine itself near standard ;) ) But if you wanted, loosing the water pump, huge alternator and swapping to Jenveys with their much lighter inlet manifold, that also gets rid of a lot of EGR plumbing would loose you a good number of Kilo's. In fact Lloydox, who is going down this route weighed the removed Honda parts at something around the 15 kg mark!

Just a small note; you may have to have the sump pan re-skimmed after welding the plate in, it'll likely warp a bit under heat.

Youre not far away with the 15kg fact- It may even be a little more than that, as you save approx. a couple of kilos not installing the aircon pump anyway. Then the alternator is massive- intake man. is supposedly 12kilos- egr valves and vacuum lines prob 5kilos etc etc etc.... 

• Like 1

Just a small note; you may have to have the sump pan re-skimmed after welding the plate in, it'll likely warp a bit under heat.

We'll see, though having seen the quality of Russ's Tig work I wouldn't like to bet one way or the other!

:suspect:  Mystic MemSec says... the letters I, V and A are in your future... :suspect:  ;) 

Aye, tis true...

:down:

And DVLA :arse: :A***: :arse:

IVA :no:  :no: :no:   :sheep:

DVLA :yes:  :yes: :yes:  good now :t-up: 8 day turnaround for me 

IVA :no:  :no: :no:   :sheep:

DVLA :yes:  :yes: :yes:  good now :t-up: 8 day turnaround for me 

Did you ever hear more re the seats, (off the record/pm if you prefer).

Did you ever hear more re the seats, (off the record/pm if you prefer).

will PM you later Dave :yes:

Ta