tux's

dombanks

White DJ only in summer, black at all other times.  No cummerbund - no - bad dog, bad, in your bed.  No clip-on bow tie either, for the exact same reason you don't wear clip-on regular ties unless you're a police officer who might be strangled with it by a bad guy, or why you don't wear a plastic flower in your lapel at a wedding - all of these can be spotted a mile away and look naff.  Always wear a proper bow tie so you get the chance at the end of the proceedings to untie it and have it draped around your neck with the collar open and look cool.  Black is the only suitable colour for a bow tie unless the event is themed.

its nowt new ,he turned up at my workshop dressed like that

so a pic everyone wont want to imagine is you in your mankini and norm in that.....

going shopping for one later or tm at cheshire oaks....rental is stupid expensive. M&S and Debenhams do one that seems ok and not to pricey

thanks for the advice... this damn thing the only reason is my bro asked me to go to a round table event thing hes part of and next thing im 30 quid down and needing a DJ .... its only blackpool!

Well said Scott.

I also use shirts that have the push through links, rather than buttons.

• Like 1

Yeah, was a Round Table member for a five or six years, you get a few black tie events, so ended up buying the DJ etc. Not been used for many years now though, doubt they still fit!

Haven't worn mine for 10 or 12 years but coincidentally wore it at a dinner on Saturday.  Still fits perfectly.........

Old school would tell you that you should wear patent leather shoes with a dinner suit. 

I haven't worn my DJ since leaving Rotary about 12 years ago.

It's in the wardrobe with my dress shirts, patent leather shoes and bow ties.

It all still fits but will probably never worn again. The French don't even wear suits for functions let alone that sort of getup.

Interestingly, there is a similar thread running over on the Z4 Forum and this http://www.blacktieguide.com/Etiquette/Etiquette_Defining_Black_Tie.htm

has been proffered by a member. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn... <film quote mode> :d

Cummerbund is useful for those few gentlemen whose tum might protrude just a little. The slim can look very good in black tie without it. (I wear one  :blush:  ).

Black tie is a male uniform designed to ensure that only the ladies stand out from the crowd. It's actually really quite comfortable  --  and failure to wear it can be regarded by the ladies as churlish.

Resistance is futile . . . . . . . .