A Cracking Day Out ( Westfield Active Drive Day )

Marto303

Yesterday despite the appalling weather Barny ( BCF ) and I attended one of the Westfield Active Drive Days at Silverstone and what a cracking day it was  :t-up: even the non stop rain didn't spoil the fun. 

A big thank you to the Westfield team who run a brilliant day :yes:  fun and informative instruction on drifting a Westy, the stuff of boyhood dreams and something we probably all wish we could do with the same style & control as the instructors  :)

The day is finished off with a little competition to see who's the quickest around a set course, it's amazing how serious people get when you mention being timed :d  but it ended perfectly with Barny and I taking 1st & 2nd place  :t-up:  :westy:  :t-up:  :black-westy: for the WSCC  :t-up:

Anyone thinking of doing one of these days, don't wait for years like I did, just book it, you'll have a brilliant day  :d  :t-up:  :d

• Like 1

At least you're still getting your "Fix".        three cheers for the fastest times boys.

I can second all that Martin has said, it was an awesome day and I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone! Not only did they actively encourage you to drive like a lunatic, they taught you how too!

Donuts, drifts, figure of eights and a great timed course, all made for a fantastic day out. And topped off with a trophy too, can't be bad eh?!

My thanks also to the Westfield team and instructors, great job guys!

Now did someone say speed series.................!

I can second all that Martin has said, it was an awesome day and I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone! Not only did they actively encourage you to drive like a lunatic, they taught you how too!

Donuts, drifts, figure of eights and a great timed course, all made for a fantastic day out. And topped off with a trophy too, can't be bad eh?!

My thanks also to the Westfield team and instructors, great job guys!

Now did someone say speed series.................!

Go on Barny you know you want toooooooooooooooooooooooo :t-up:  :d  :t-up:

Shame I didn't get chance to pop over earlier in the day (was racing at Silverstone this weekend), would have been good to meet you!

Looking to do one of these at some point, they look great fun :)

Shame I didn't get chance to pop over earlier in the day (was racing at Silverstone this weekend), would have been good to meet you!

Looking to do one of these at some point, they look great fun :)

Just book it Adam, you'll have a brilliant day.

Tempted with 16th November, anyone else going?

Just do it :) you won't be disapointed. I've been twice now, as it's always more fun when it's someone else's tyres you're shredding :d it's an excellent laugh and not in the slightest bit competitive :oops::laugh::d

For you it would also be a good chance to try a couple of different cars/engines side by side :)

Defo, do it do it do it! If I wasn't in the costly process of replacing my engine, I'd be back there too!

It really is the best lesson in car control you can get, plus a huge adrenalin rush and grin factor! Don't delay book today! (Do we get commission for this??)

50 secs is the time to beat :d !