V8 Wanted?

harrypotter

Would be interesting to know why others chose the seight!

Because I didn't have one ....... only kidding.

The seight is such a lovely car to drive on the road, bags and bags of torque make it a delight in most scenarios .... for instance, my clutch broke on the way to the stoneleigh kitcar show show last year and I had the choice to turn back or try and drive the remaining 103 miles without a clutch.

Not only was it able to drive the distance only using 1 gear (5th) but it was hardly noticeable that the clutch had failed. i even stopped at the services.

If you want a manic screamer for track then get a BEC, a comfortable road car and occasional track days then a Seight is hard to beat.

Tiggs

I would say that my seight has been reasonably competitive in sprinting even though a little heavy at 700kilos

Taking ftd on more than one occasion and class wins

And is still reasonable on the road as well

Hi Simon

That's what I like to hear, a V8 that defies popular opinion that they don't handle as well as others.

How many concessions have you had to take to make it a well handling track/race car over a comfortable road car? Does it have a windscreen for instance? I presume the engine has been modified to overcome the additional weight and make it more competitive.

Err well it did snap the chassis in two last year so I am rebuilding it at the moment and shedding weight

It started life as a normal 3.9 v8 with doors and roof

Now aero screen full cage and a 5.0 ltr unit

Still happy bobbling along in 5th gear at 35 mph or flat out on the track

Just drinks a lot of fuel when pushed

I have a lot if fun in the car sprinting and ok yes it is a bit tail happy but I like it that way

Yes I have spent a bit of money in it and this time

A lot! And can't wait to see what it's like when I start to use it again

It was still very competitive with the windscreen in and about a 100 hp less and I won two championships with the car in 2006

Borough 19 championship and a toyo tyres one that year as well

Since then I just pick and choose the sprints I enjoy

Not being away every weekend keeps the wife happy

Simon, is it yours I've been reading about in the mag? Super scary stuff. Would love to witness how that drives when completed. What handling mods where done to your car when you were running it in 2006?

Ideally for me a V8 would need a windscreen etc and mild upgrade on power. For handling I guess it's the usual upgrades with shocks, harder springs, anti roll bars, wide suspension, lsd, brakes and a geo setup. I've done aero screens for a few years now and can see the advantages and disadvantages.

Just need to sell my Sprint R1 and then look around for a replacement and at the moment the V8 sounds favourite. (Or the s2000... Or the supercharged duratec....or something more track focused. Good job I don't have too much money and space!)

Yes and yes to the normal mods

Must send part 2 in to the mag

Would not swap the v8 for anything now

When it goes back in the track it will be different weight tyres and wheel sizes and suspension

So will hopefully be better than before

Then I can up the horses again a bit more