Go pro 3

Steve_Farrimond

Got a GOPRO 3 black the other week, and want an external mic for it.

Anyone able to help me morrow one down?

Seriously poor sound without

Thanks in advance :)

I've got black 3 as well and I bought a cheapo lapel microphone off e-bay.  Coupled with the proper mini USB to 3.5mm convertor that I got off the chap on here who sells Go Pro's.  I found it worked a treat, but you will need to use a skeleton case.

As above - doesn't need to be anything posh, but you would need the adaptor lead (http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/cameras/gopro_hero3_35mm_mic_adaptor/c551p12067.html) and accompanying hole in the side of your case!

This is the mic I have... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330955427676&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160

And this is the result it gives under the dash somewhere (slightly different on the Westy with it being so loud - will do a sample vid asap):

• Like 1

Thanks, funnily enough I have already watched your vid. Can't wait to drive Caldwell :)

I have now got a skeleton case, a mic adapter and a 3.5mm extension cable.

Just awaiting my stereo mic to come from the states.

Thanks all.

• 2 months later...

Only just noticed i never updated this post.

I got my mic about 10 quid from Greece.

I've tried it in many different locations and concluded, that the best place to fit the mic was, under the dash. I cable tied it to the cross member.

Originally fitted behind the passenger seat the sound was free from any buffering, but the engine/exhaust sound was really muffled.

Here's mine, I use a remote mic under the dash away at the minute but can look up the details if you want. Unfortunately gearbox was on the way out so don't look at the driving ability just for you to hear the sound!