Want an Essex owner to try my trailer for size / nose weight

Boombang

Looking for a friendly Essex owner to do a trial fit on my trailer, happy to repay in beer tokens.  Tough bit is I don't have a towbar fitted at the moment, so it would have to be in Brentwood - shame as I could've driven it down to the Essex meet next weekend (will try to find something with a towbar if it helps).

I am seriously split between getting a Westy, and doing some sprinting and trackdays next year, or getting an Exige and just enjoying it on the road.  My last Saxo was track only and it was a hugely frustrating ownership, not making that mistake again.

Have read the 'How Wide...' article and got some advice on my trailer for sale advert (linked post to an external forum).  Would appear a Wide body Westfield will be tight but will go on, a narrow would be easier - but with either, and a limited bed length, I need to know I can get 80kg noseweight without too much faff.

Thanks in advance, appreciate it will be a ballache but would genuinely be appreciated.

I take it you need someone to bring a westie to you ??? if so I'd be happy to bring my widebody car. Although it will have to be a couple of weeks as work is manic at the mo and the engine is coming out and back in next saturday for an upgrade :cool: I'll be at the meet next sunday so happy to discuss then

as long as you have a bit of nose weight (i run at 50kg) i wouldn't worry too much, a westy on a light weight trailer is not the most challenging outfit.

Mid engined cars have to be reversed onto a trailer to get nose weight.

I have a weight gauge it it helps

A 5ft5 x 9ft7 bed should be about big enough for a Westfield. My trailer is similarly single axle and 5ft7 x 10ft and that has plenty of room around the car to balance it.

I take it you need someone to bring a westie to you ??? if so I'd be happy to bring my widebody car. Although it will have to be a couple of weeks as work is manic at the mo and the engine is coming out and back in next saturday for an upgrade :cool: I'll be at the meet next sunday so happy to discuss then

Unfortunately at the moment I would.

There is no rush as go away on 19th for two weeks , I'll have a chat with you next Sunday about it - do appreciate the offer!

• Like 1