Westfield Megabusa - the moment has passed

fatbaldbloke

m18082012001.jpg

The house we were buying, which meant I had to sell the Westfield, has fallen through.  It's a long story, but to cut it short, it was a narrow escape, we're very happy about things.  So, I am keeping the Westfield - hurrah - and hopefully a new build thread should also appear soon on something classic.

Thanks to everybody for the nice comments, they made the decision to keep it very easy.  I will continue to see you at most of the shows.

Great advert and a great car.

Good luck with the reluctant sale!

Sorry to see you selling it Ian, you have done such a brilliant job of rebuilding it. Good luck with the sale and I hope it goes to a good home, maybe even back into Sprinting / Hillclimbing. Great value at the price you are asking. Wish I didn't already have too many cars.

Don't think you mentioned that it's not on a Q plate. :d :D 

Saw it at Stoneleigh, Wish I could buy this fantastic car.

great car, great builder, This is on my wish list.... and i wish it was being sold in January when I start my new job in't City :-)

Gosh, thank you chaps, too kind.  I can't tell you what a difficult decision this was, and continues to be.  We have been lucky enough to have our offer accepted on a potentially lovely house in the village and I need to put all my effort, time and cash into that before I retire.  I thought about keeping the WF but it would deteriorate in the conditions I can store it in (the garage needs rebuilding and extending) and with the potential lack of use.  It's better that someone who has the interest can get the benefit, and don't worry, I shall be building something else when the house is done.  :)

As Nick mentioned, it's on a Y plate, not a Q.

don't worry, I shall be building something else when the house is done.  :)

Good to hear!

As someone who's owned an Ian-built car in the past (and every time I think about it I wish I hadn't sold it), I can confirm the new owner is in for a treat :t-up:

I had been eyeing this car up ever since your build thread started (having just missed the purchase of your zetec but still finding purchase of a very nice alternative)

Wanted you to sell in a couple of years Ian, when I'll probably be looking to up the ante Westiewise!

Hopefully the next owner looks after it and will sell to ME when I am able to buy it!

Your wiring FBB still has me green with envy - see here for instance.

Good luck with the sale.

Rory's Dad

I too am filled with envy- this link should be added to the advert-Ive never seen a loom as tidy as that before. And just shows the quality finish on the rest of the build.

it's even better close up and it goes like a rocket too.  Great value for what it is - a very special westie

• 2 weeks later...

NO LONGER FOR SALE - see original post.  I'm a very happy bunny... :)

"good" news :d

Ian

It's the right decision, perhaps you should build a bigger garage now

Chris

Fantastic news! Great to hear it'll be staying with you.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.