Smokey's JW4 Formula Four Rebuild Thread

Mark (smokey mow)

Thanks Guys :yes: I've set myself a (hopefully) realistic target of having at least one of the cars finished and running by 15th May 2016. The date marks the 50th anniversary of the first Formula four race to be held in the UK so it would be fitting if I was able to have the car completed to celebrate its birthday.

• Like 1

Fantastic work Mark, and a well chosen target.

An epic tale, and absolutely fascinating.

Thank you for letting us all share it. :yes:

I second that Dave.

You are doing a great job for Motorsport heritage Mark.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys, now the evenings are starting to draw in and once winter is properly upon us I'll be spending a bit more time on the cars again so hopefully the frequency of these updates will increase a bit more. I recently finished redrawing all 130 of the old factory manufacturing drawings into Solidworks as 3D so now I can begin getting a few more quotes for parts to be made. I just need to earn a bit more money to pay for it all !! :d

Well done Mark, a very interesting read. :)

Thanks Brian it's good to her from you. I hope all is going well for you with the classic motorcycle racing :t-up:

Thanks Mark, all good here. Two more races then the season is finished, time fly's by.

From the amount of work you will have done you could probably sell the drawings for someone to start making them again ;-)

You should buy the design rights if available

From the amount of work you will have done you could probably sell the drawings for someone to start making them again ;-)

You should buy the design rights if available

I've no intention of selling any of tthe drawings or tooling moulds having just bought them. :) my long term plan is to maintain the archive and support the existing JW4's that are still in existance with any spares they may need so they can continue to be used and enjoyed.

The cars of mine will not be museum exhibits, I have every intention of driving them so they can also be enjoyed by others.

• 5 weeks later...

A short update for this evening after another very long day on the road to the south west.

I'll post more of an update soon but I'm pleased to say that it was a very successful shopping trip and now there are three :d :D

df7dbee4d9972be80ad62408f9f3e087.jpg

Brilliant Mark, really impressed. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1