Great value tyres

SelfMadeTramp

Hi everyone, if like me you are keen to use yur westie thru the winter and in all weathers during our typical summers then you can do a lot worse than Yokohama A021R's. They are a soft compound tyre for dry use and give a very progressive feel so you can push hard thru the twisty stuff with confidence. They are also great in the wet, even in standing water. Best of all I've just got a set of four 185 70 13's from Polley Motorsport for £240 incl vat plus £15.00 postage. That's serious value for any tyre, most sources are happy to charge £100-£125 each for these. That makes up for the damage done hitting a deer last week, oops! Happy blatting  :d

http://www.polleymotorsport.co.uk/Default.aspx

Grommit

So you have decided on 13" wheels then, tyres look good value hopefully at next meeting you can guve us an update on how good they are, you now need to repair that gel coat!

Chris

Looking at Georges new web site it would appear he's given up pig farming for full time tyre suppler :)

Does anyone know estimated mileage you get from these tyres (road use only)

It's either these or cr500s for me.

Also are 185 ok for rears. Im running 205 all round but on very old nankings at the moment and wondering if I should go 185 all round but grippier or cr500 style 175 front 205 rear

Price is the biggest stumbling block though (price per mile is the key issue)

Cheers

Paul

I managed 6000 road miles out of my last pair of rears, but that's also with 10 sprints.

185 are generally agreed more than enough for up to 200bhp.

Nanknangs are not really a premium tyre, cr500 are quite soft - try a toyo.or yokohama.

Nanknangs are not really a premium tyre,

You're not kidding! I can spin mine in 3rd and in the wet lets say anything can overtake me as it's like driving on ice

These 185s look like they may be the ticket just will have to check rim size they are brooklands 13" think they are 7j. Hopefully 185 should fit.

Thanks

Paul

Anything will be better than your Nankangs.   You'll be able to fit up to 205 section tyres on the 7" rims.  I use 195/60's for my road wheels and find them quite adequate.

• Like 1

Ok worried now they are 7j wheels looking on website I think 185 are too narrow to fit.

Has anyone put 185s on a 7j rim?

I may have to give George poveys a ring

Just my luck the price will shoot up

I've been searching the web and now confused I notice that westfield wheels are 7"wide with r888 185's fitted does this mean the Ao21r will fit My 7"rims?

Paul

Paul 185s are fine on seven inch rims run them for years in various wheel tyre types

185 to 205 are OK on 7" rims.  The overall diameter will vary a bit between the different section tyres so recalibrating your speedo would be prefferable although not essential.

Thanks guys made me feel better. Now just need to buy and find someone to fit em

Thanks again

Paul

Meakin,

Ditch the nankangs before you have an accident mate - good tyres make all the difference - good luck!!

JAmes

Thanks all. Just been told that the winter run about needs new brake lines hopefully it will get through mot tomorrow. If not it could be an expensive month.

Could be rain tomorrow so slow poke mc poke in the westfield.

Got to ring around a few places about tyre fitting. Anyone know a good place in melton Mowbray?

Then a call to George poveys me thinks

Certainly these tyres have had their day

Paul