Blat - Cheltenham Area to Brecon Beacon Area - Sat?

Paulm3

Hi everyone,

Me and friends in an elise & exige are going to go for a blat across wales Saturday as the weather looks half decent. (Was going to do Pembrey track day, but its a bit of a trek for 1 day without a stop over)

Going to go from Tewkesbury in the morning, across to Brecon and Craig-Y-Nos County Park using the back roads as much as possible (except the M50 from Tewkesbury to Ross-on-Wye just to save a bit of time as there are road works/rubbish traffic on the Gloucester to Cinderford route))

Have some photo/rest stops along the way. Find some decent roads and hopefully get a nice lunch in somewhere. Then blast back!

If you would like to join your more than welcome, or recommend and roads we should try in the area and we will give them a go!

Thanks

Paul

We have some great roads here in South Wales!!!  I`m in work right now so will post later at home.

Not sure if I will be able to get out and join you, will have to see the boss and work out what the kids are doing...

black mountain pass :t-up:  EPIC

Noted :) will be looking at routes Fri eve at the pub with them.

Oh and 'ARAF' means faster yeah??

From Tewkesbury would you not go Ledbury, Hereford etc to get to Brecon rather than Motorway?

I would also recoomed Elan Valley or you could go out of Brecon to llandovery and back over the mountains and old slate mines via Tregaron etc

• Like 1

From Tewkesbury would you not go Ledbury, Hereford etc to get to Brecon rather than Motorway?

I would also recoomed Elan Valley or you could go out of Brecon to llandovery and back over the mountains and old slate mines via Tregaron etc

Thanks, :)

I would, but the road from Tewkesbury-Ledbury-Hereford is full of Lorrys/Tractors and is no fun in the daytime :( your only on M50 for 15-20mins'ish.

Sounds like a great run out. Sorry I can't join you but I get on a ferry for France tomorrow.

Have you thought about putting an email round the Cotswold area to see if anyone else is interested?

Have a safe run out.