Essex Blat 22 Sept - Dave's on the Road Blat :0

Pistol Pete

Yep, top route as ever and the weather was kind too. Good to see Dave out at last and top marks to Blessed for coming all the way from Twickenham!

Good idea to use the NAAFI as a meet point for North London, Essex and Cambs and anyone else for that matter.

Great run out guys, I can forgive Pete for going off route at least 3 times :d because he did find us some nice and clear roads :cool:

Good also to meet some new faces. I have a few pics to follow later but first I need to go and wash the car again :oops:

real good fun. thanks for organising.

next please :d

Thanks guys for another great run and cheers Pete for sorting out the route. It was great to have Dave out with his lovely new toy.

I agree that the North Weald NAAFI is a great place to stop off. :)

Just a few pics from today :cool: quite a good turn out of 10 cars considering the morning fog and slippy conditions. 

Andy it was a good call to visit the NAAFI for breakfast, and I can see it could be a potential future central meeting point for the Essex, London and Cambs areas :t-up:

Dave (Darve) it was good to see you out on the road at last :yes: :yes: and you certainly drove it like you stole it :d

Also welcome to Cameron :t-up: As a fellow Colchestrian I can't believe that you've had your car for 6 years yet I've never seen you out and about in it around town before now :oops:  I hope you enjoyed your first Essex blat :westy:

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

Dave (Darve) it was good to see you out on the road at last :yes: :yes: and you certainly drove it like you stole it :d

:oops::d

Good to meet up.  Sorry I couldn't join all the run.  Those lanes were slippy after I turned off.

Thanks Smokey for the lovely custom towing eye.  

Darve's car really is a credit to all his hard work and looked great.  White does show the dirt though ;-)

What a cracking drive out - I still can't believe how little traffic we encountered given it wasn't a particularly early start. The start of the run was particularly exciting on account of the damp roads, patches of mud and leaves, and the fact that the last convoy I followed down that road resulted in a badger-assisted dive into a large ditch for the lead car! Might be time to upgrade my tyres too...

Ben 

Yes, most definitely enjoyed my first Essex blat! Great route and lucky with the traffic, what more could I have asked for?! Great to meet everyone - look forward to the next one!!

• Like 1

chop chop Pete, when's the next one :oops::d:p

i have a whole host of routes you can catch up on over the winter Dave :).