I dont like my Beemer....

Torqueman

And what, exactly, did he achieve by that. Expensive publicity which will be forgotten then next day.

He's got over .5 million hits on YouTube and us talking about it on here! :p

BMW are now so mass produced, this guy is only experiencing what many others do with mass production .. the odd lemon! Sadly, BMW are no longer the elite they once were ..

Great anger management and obviously made him feel much better, just not sure what he's going to say to the rental company when he takes it back :laugh:

• Like 1

He's just copied what that lambo owner did in China.  Can't see what he achieved.

That policeman looked a bit confused what to do ;-)

He's got over .5 million hits on YouTube and us talking about it on here! :p

BMW are now so mass produced, this guy is only experiencing what many others do with mass production .. the odd lemon! Sadly, BMW are no longer the elite they once were ..

The elite THEY said they were, more likely. My son had an Audi TT (also self-proclaimed elite manufacturer) and he said that the interior was superb, in fact the most comfortable place to wait for the RAC Recovery truck! Broken spring b*** teknik...

• Like 1

I remember something similar in Dearborn, Michigan in the '70s.  Man was fed up with his brand new unreliable Lincoln, so much so that when he couldn't get satisfaction from dealers or from Lincoln themselves, he took it to their HQ and parked it on a meter on the street outside, painted his messages about how bad the car and manufacturer were all over it, then opened the sunroof and filled the car with earth before planting a lemon tree inside through the sunroof.  Every day, he'd come back and put 24 hours worth of coins in the meter, so it couldn't be towed away.  Made the press all over the country.  After a month, the publicity was so bad that he got a full refund from Lincoln just so they could get the car away from their HQs and out of the papers.

I remember something similar in Dearborn, Michigan in the '70s.  Man was fed up with his brand new unreliable Lincoln, so much so that when he couldn't get satisfaction from dealers or from Lincoln themselves, he took it to their HQ and parked it on a meter on the street outside, painted his messages about how bad the car and manufacturer were all over it, then opened the sunroof and filled the car with earth before planting a lemon tree inside through the sunroof.  Every day, he'd come back and put 24 hours worth of coins in the meter, so it couldn't be towed away.  Made the press all over the country.  After a month, the publicity was so bad that he got a full refund from Lincoln just so they could get the car away from their HQs and out of the papers.

The job done properly (IMO)

Rory's Dad

BMW's were MUCH better when they were relatively a lot more expensive. Top of the range 3 series are hardly more expensive than the end of the 90's. E9 CSLs cost more than the homes of most people at the time. It probably all started to go wrong with the e36 3-series in 1991.

The elite THEY said they were, more likely. My son had an Audi TT (also self-proclaimed elite manufacturer) and he said that the interior was superb, in fact the most comfortable place to wait for the RAC Recovery truck! Broken spring b*** teknik...

I like it! :laugh: My 11 year old TT (owned for last 7 years) has had no breakdowns whatsoever. Apart from service items, it's been a 100% reliable. I don't think Audi of old ever thought themselves elite .. just got busy producing great cars a la Quattro! BMW always vied with the luxury market....!

There are probably less expensive and more effective ways.   My brother was in dispute with a certain BMW/MIni dealer over a second hand mini that burned oil and had multiple faults,  it was simply not the well serviced low mileage car that had been represented,  he wanted a full refund, did not want the car , but they refused to take it back. 

He had large vinyl posters made for all the panels and windows identifying what the problems were, put the car on a trailer and parked in front of their showroom (in their car park) early on a busy Saturday.  He sat there drinking a flask of coffee as the sales staff looked on horrified, told them he was there for the day, the next day, and the next if necessary..

After an hour or so the police turned up, but the officer said it was at worst trespass, and was a civil matter, nothing he could do except keep the peace.  Another hour or so and the manager was out there offering the full refund...

Result:   He and his wife would never touch a mini or that dealership, even if they were giving cars away, and everyone that drove past that day will remember it, and hopefully drive past next time they are looking for a car!

• Like 1

There are probably less expensive and more effective ways.   My brother was in dispute with a certain BMW/MIni dealer over a second hand mini that burned oil and had multiple faults,  it was simply not the well serviced low mileage car that had been represented,  he wanted a full refund, did not want the car , but they refused to take it back. 

He had large vinyl posters made for all the panels and windows identifying what the problems were, put the car on a trailer and parked in front of their showroom (in their car park) early on a busy Saturday.  He sat there drinking a flask of coffee as the sales staff looked on horrified, told them he was there for the day, the next day, and the next if necessary..

After an hour or so the police turned up, but the officer said it was at worst trespass, and was a civil matter, nothing he could do except keep the peace.  Another hour or so and the manager was out there offering the full refund...

Result:   He and his wife would never touch a mini or that dealership, even if they were giving cars away, and everyone that drove past that day will remember it, and hopefully drive past next time they are looking for a car!

Brilliant .. and very British! :laugh: Mind you, it must've taken some to get this poor German fella so heated to go to this extreme. As far as i understand this, he did this outside his BMW dealer and in front on quite a throng of media and general public. One up for the little people!

it must've taken some to get this poor German fella so heated to go to this extreme.

Hmm. There is a bit of previous with der deutsche volk getting a bit uppity and aggressive.