Thinking of selling...

Mat Jackson

Hmmmm,

Food for thought....

I haven't actually driven an Elise of vx220, so that is my next step and that might help me decide. The current car is an aeroscreened car, which is why the kids don't go out in it. Could switch back to a full screen, maybe that's an option....

Only other plus side with a vx or Elise is the suitability in naff weather...

The caged Mega S2000 is stunning track car, but you reckoned you were off track days now?

Id think quite carefully about what you want from the car, if its going to be more a social and pleasure thing, Id think carefully about the choice of upgrades and mods.

I'm off track days and I owned a S2000. Pre Vtec kicking in the car's sedate, post it shifts. It would give me best of both. I'd use it pre power band pretty much all the time, but vary rare occasion I want the mega bit of the car, it's there!

I'll probably just stick with mine and get a boat!

Back on topic...

I've driven both Elise's and 220's. drove a 220 turbo in Germany, out on autobahn's and away it want. Same with Elise's. that was 2002-2005.

In 2010 I considered many cars, had a S2000, was a very practical car... I think about as practice as a 2 seater sports car gets! Even room for golf clubs in the boot! But really lacked the drive I was looking for. In 2010 I test drove Elise's and 220's, including a supercharged VX220 pushing 420bhp (claimed by owner) but none of the above matched the :yellow-westy: for everything. Low running costs, cheap insurance, not much to go wrong, tinkerbility... driving experience. I prefer it to a motorbike!

So in all I feel that changing will be regretted and anything you buy after will be compared to your ten year love and never come close.

Oh, naff weather...

My :yellow-westy: is too hot in snow, although you have to be F'ng careful in anything other than clear/dry weather, it's a great car to use in all weathers.

null_zps7c534d55.jpg

Rain at night, Mrs C's in there!

85D6F16E-7755-48ED-9A08-9C61FE3D0CB6-147

Snow in the evening... One of several drives where BMW's Merc's and anything rear wheel drive was stuck and spinning their wheels. Many people said "Rear wheel drive does not work in the snow!" Then "is that rear wheel drive" :laugh: