Help required! - Need to find manufacturer of Kit Car

BLiNK Motorsport

Several years ago (probably about 6-7yrs) at the Autosports show there was a beautiful 1960's style Indy Car single seater displayed that had a chevy V8 in the back.

This car was available in component form but for the life of me I can't remember who built it!

I absolutely loved the car and want to find it again - can anyone remember it?

I remember that, there was a thread about it on here, wasn't there? Along with a link to the most gorgeous of web sites full of details on it.

looks impressive.

what sort of cost would this be?

you wouldn't be allowed on track days with it would you?

I remember that, there was a thread about it on here, wasn't there? Along with a link to the most gorgeous of web sites full of details on it.

That was what was annoying me! I started that thread!

They were looking at around £42000 as a turnkey car if memory serves...

looks impressive.

what sort of cost would this be?

you wouldn't be allowed on track days with it would you?

As Dave says - I think £40-50K would be a reasonable budget.

Most Track day Organisers wouldn't allow it because it is open wheel but if you have an MSA Race B licence there are plenty of test days that you can use it on.

I wonder if Richard will allow me to build..................... ???

40-50K.... chuff me! :(:o

as nice as they are there is plenty of other stuff id be buying first. unless there was a race series that they belonged to..

im sure there is a way to fit some cycel wings even if it looks ugly

There was no plan for kit form versions back when these were actively being discussed, although there was talk of them bei g supplied minus engine and gearbox for those that didn't fancy the Chevy V8. 

They were talking about keeping them all fairly similar though, in the hope of being picked up as a single make race series as well as a premium trackday machine.

It's all been very quiet for three or four years. Given how far through the project they were when last heard from publically, (they had a working demonstration/test mule), the silence seems ominous... Though I do hope it's something as simple as changing names/rebranding etc and that the project is still going strong somewhere.

Didnt Tiger do some sort of similar looking KIT

Didnt Tiger do some sort of similar looking KIT

They did indeed Terry but it was much smaller and ran on a 4 pot engine it is the ERA:

http://www.tigerracing.com/era-hss.php

Dom - personally I think 40-50K is quite good for the low volume and the engineering that goes into it - what else is available like this for similar money?

Dave;

I think Stuart Taylor are involved in it at present.

give it up wuv there is no way you will fit in that :p

• Like 1

give it up wuv there is no way you will fit in that :p

I don't buy cars like that to drive though Steve - I'll leave that bit to people who can drive them properly - I'd love it to build and admire the looks & engineering :-)

• Like 1