Helmet for Trackdays

Bubba

I have a Playskool Snell Approved helmet and it is excellent, never fogs up, always comfortable and very good value for MSA approved car helmet protection - and excellent service from Luke as well. 

RECCOMENDED 100%

James

• Like 1

I'd give a thumbs up for the Racelidz as sold by Playskool Motorsport. Snell approved, so ok for competition, yet no more than the average bike helmet.

However, like others have said, you really need to try one on for fit/comfort, so get to the Autosport Racing Car show, or next year's Nat. Kitcar Show, and visit the Playskool stand to try one on.

Wasn't aware of the Autosport show so thanks for the information. I have put the dates in my diary as I am also looking for a decent helmet.

Whatever make you choose best advice would be to try before you buy and make sure the fit is good , you don't want it either to loose or so tight its stops the blood flow  :t-up:

Whatever make you choose best advice would be to try before you buy and make sure the fit is good , you don't want it either to loose or so tight its stops the blood flow  :t-up:

Bernie is so right. You do need to make sure you have a good fit.

For any WSCC members that are thinking about starting Sprinting / HIllclimbing / Racing please do ASK, there is such a great knowledge base here, with many members who have competed in all sorts of Motorsport discipline.

I'm going to give it a go next year. Just a few local rounds. I need to do a few bits to the car first to meet the regs though. Thankfully my HedTec is comfortable enough for sprints as it won't be on that long and adrenalin is good stuff!

If anyone is coming to the Autosport show we will have a good selection of Helmets to try on and we're on stand number 7741  :d

I'm going to give it a go next year. Just a few local rounds. I need to do a few bits to the car first to meet the regs though. Thankfully my HedTec is comfortable enough for sprints as it won't be on that long and adrenalin is good stuff!

Matt, If you are already speaking to the guys who are local to you and doing the Speed Series then great, but if not and you would like me to put you in contact with someone then let me know with a PM or email. A face to face chat can really help when you are setting out.

Matt, If you are already speaking to the guys who are local to you and doing the Speed Series then great, but if not and you would like me to put you in contact with someone then let me know with a PM or email. A face to face chat can really help when you are setting out.

Hi Nick,

I have already been in contact with Matt and hopefully (Stu or I ) will catch up with him at a Cotswold meeeting in the near future.  He has also been speaking to Tom Frankland (new to 2013 Speed Series) about Speed Series requirements for basically a road going car.  Tom's been there, done it and now wears a badge with a big smile on it.

Paul

• Like 1

If anyone is coming to the Autosport show we will have a good selection of Helmets to try on and we're on stand number 7741  :d

See you there!

Hi Nick,

I have already been in contact with Matt and hopefully (Stu or I ) will catch up with him at a Cotswold meeeting in the near future. He has also been speaking to Tom Frankland (new to 2013 Speed Series) about Speed Series requirements for basically a road going car. Tom's been there, done it and now wears a badge with a big smile on it.

Paul

Yep I've found the locals so hopefully all the advice I need will be on hand :d

Thank you all for all your comments and help, I am usually so impatient that by now I would have bought one but almost going to a one stop shop at the Autosport show really appeals. Have considered going to the autosport show for the past 5 or 6 years but always the worst time of year due to work and other commitments. However it's a good excuse next year as it's my birthday whilst its on so can get my birthday present whilst there. Having cracked my noggin open in an Elise and split a helmet snowboarding want to ensure my noggin is well protected! 

May go and watch some sprints first to see how I feel about doing them but will be doing 4 or 5 trackdays next year. 

Looks like a club outing to the Autosport show in Jan it is then!