Considering a Westfield (again)

Boombang

Have been a lurker for years, also have been to a couple of Essex meets.

I first started looking a fair few years back, eventually bought a VX220 instead as ended up driving to work.  When sold that I once against thought about a Westfield and again came down to an Essex meet (had a pax ride in a V8 car). 

I actually ended up buying a VX220 turbo (my dream colour and spec car was available and couldn't resist).  That was sold to free up cash for my wedding and was replaced with a Citroen Saxo race car.

The Saxo was used last year for a season of trackdays but I missed having something for the road, and having to tow somewhere to use it everytime became a chore.

Now looking at a Westfield once again.  At the moment just selling off the remainder of the Saxo bits (wheels, tyres and my trailer) and then I can fix my budget (something like £6-7k but might go up a bit for the right car).

From my reading a 155 Sigma engined car sounds like an interesting proposition if I can stretch the budget, but I am yet to work out what spec I would have within a £6k budget.

Hoping to get down to the Essex meet later today, depends on if my wife needs the car or not.

• Like 1

Is the trailer for sale on here? (edit: it was the next thread up on the list!)

I reckon 6-7k would get a pretty decent Zetec/VX over the winter period...

Trailer still there.  Couldn't make the Essex meet in the end, although the weather isn't looking that great!

I'll have a read up about Zetec/XEs, there are some things on a Westfield that are must haves in my book, so the market is already pretty narrow.

Welcome back Boombang :t-up: it's a shame you couldn't make it to our meet today, several of us ignored the forecast and in the end it stayed dry :)

I'm sure we'll meet soon, but till then If i can help with anything just ask :westy:

Mark

You guys got lucky, it hammered down here in Brentwood just as I should have been leaving.

I am around 13th October so if there is a meet should be able to come over.

• 3 weeks later...

Still browsing the for sale adverts, between here and Pistonheads I am not sure I've seen the 'right' sort of car yet.

Unfortunately the trailer hasn't sold either, ideally I want that gone before buying a car - Initial thoughts were to keep it but I can't see me using it (besides the fact we don't have a towbar fitted to thecar).  If I did decide to go sprinting/hillclimbing in a year or two I can always buy another.

I have also been ruling out alternatives, drove a 2.0 MX-5 yesterday but although it drove superbly t just didn't give the buzz I want.

• Like 1

Keep looking and eventually something will turn up, particularly now it's approaching the end of the blatting season.

We've got another monthly meeting in a couple of weeknds time (13th) but if you ever want some advise on a particular car or just to kick tyres I'm only at the other end of the A12 :)

Ah excellent, can do the 13th. 

There is genuinely no rush, I go away on the 19th for a couple of weeks and as said could do with the trailer going (and the other last few Saxo bits)