Just in from Proms in the Park

AidanPlace

Great fun, flag waving (well for half the audience)

And Katherine Jenkins Lungs to enjoy also!!

And it stayed dry

I was at a proms evening in a local chap's garden last night. We were supposed to show up at five for a bit of pre-prom entertainment, but it was chucking it down for half an hour so we had to sit in the car 'till about six! :( Rest of the evening was dry though... :)

There was a fella called Martynas who played some 4 seasons on the accordion, unbelievable.

• Like 1

Don't they say that a gentleman is one who can play an accordion - but doesn't? ???

I watched last night of the proms on Tv. Nigel Kennedy played in Aston Villa shirt big boots and the spikey punk haircut.

I knew he was a genius on the fiddle but he was playing a Rachminoff (SP) piece but managed to put in a least a dozen other well known pieces from classics to rock so seemlessly that they seemed to belong. Outstanding for one who struggles to string a coherent sentance together