Total newbie!

Phil363

Hi Stuart, yes good to meet and thanks for your tips!  Keep contemplating this one

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201309038601641/sort/default/usedcars/make/westfield/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/gl44qy/radius/1500/page/1/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Just concerned I'll end up buying the first one I see.....!!

Know nothing about turbos Phil so can't really comment.  That's gonna be super loud with that tiny silencer though - and decent ones ain't cheap

• Like 1

Know nothing about turbos Phil so can't really comment.  That's gonna be super loud with that tiny silencer though - and decent ones ain't cheap

The turbo itself helps act as a part of the silencing on the exhaust.

• Like 1

Phil welcome to the club mate, good luck in your quest for the right car.  I bought a very well sorted cross flow last year (1700) and it is more than enough for my limited skills as an enthusiastic but very amateur driver.  

I would urge to be prudent in waiting for the right car to come along.  If you have to wait 6 months at least you can save a few quid and perhaps get a more modern engine or combo of upgrades - one thing is for sure that when you get your car all of us other geeks on here will help infect you with upgraditis :-) 

Good luck

James 

• Like 1