New Westfield Front Anti Roll Bar

Bubba

I've decided I'm not going to put the front anti roll bar on after speaking to Troy at NMS he says without the rear one I won't feel the benefit. 

Can't really afford splash out on the rear one and get my suspension setup so will get NMS to setup the suspension as is and may think about buying the lot in the future. 

This is the brand new Westfield Anti Roll Bar as shown below

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=109

I'm looking for £200 on it which is a saving of £73 on buying from Westfield and will go well towards setting my existing suspension up properly.

Unfortunately, It might be a little on the rich side, given that it's the sort of part that comes up quite a bit second-hand for less than £100

A new one from Playskool is also around the £200 mark and is probably considered a little more desirable than the factory item, so you might just need to think about dropping the price a little to sell it?

If you're thinking of doing any track days, you will probably feel a bit of a difference with just the front bar and a lot of people only run with a front one anyway, so it might just be worth keeping it and consider a rear one later on if you're looking for more adjustment options in the corners

I think that most people would say that they're not essential for a road only car, though

£150 used to be achievable if you worked hard for the sale... 

(Lots of photos etc, but as Mark said, there are so many alternatives now, and most of them not as stiff as the factory part.)

Just to add, when people ask for photos, it's as much so they can get a feel for condition to back up any description as it is to check out what they actually look like. It's why eBay ads with generic manufacturers stock shots don't often do as well either.

Thanks for the advice guys, Troy from NMS advised it was pretty pointless fitting it without the rear so may sit on it until funds allow next year. I'm gonna do a few trackdays and will see how it goes, the moneys spent now just through I could offset the cost of the suspension setup.

Can you mix and match with other makes for example fit the factory front with say a Playskool rear?

Ish, I wouldn't, it could severely limit set up options though. You might end up with one end stuck at the softest settings and the other at the firmest, just to get them to work together.

Cheers Dave, gonna ask NMS how much to do the suspension with the ARB and see. It may sit and gather a bit of dust for now!

• 2 weeks later...

hi has anyone fitted the playskool front arb to a wide track? I was thinking of the westfield spec but a little steep on the price. Only considering fitting front at the moment as it seems a lot set up with front only?Not doing track days only north wales new tarmac roads  :laugh:  Peter

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.