Self cancelling indicator switch/module

Rob55

i thought that was part of the fun driving a westfield always turning left !!!

Just do as many do around here, don't use indicators at all!

I confess to still leaving my indicators on at times, despite my best endeavours when I set off on a journey (I must cancel my indicators...I must cancel my indicators...I must cancel my indicators...I must cancel my indicators...)

me too every time.....

If I remember correctly the Hillman Imp had an electric switch on the column which turned the indicators off. Problem was it clicked all the time, even when indicators were not on.

The answer to forgetting to turn them off is not to turn them on in the first place. 

Thanks to EU requirements I guess, indicators are on the left hand side of the steering wheel which is fine for a left hand drive car but not so fine on a right hand drive car.  I've put my indicator switch on the right hand side of the wheel on a long toggle switch.  I can now change gear and indicate at the same time.  It's convenient to turn on and equally convenient to turn off.

Still forget more often than not...

Rory's Dad

Mine is also on the right and gets forgotten as well

• 11 months later...

See my entry on self cancelling indicators. I built a unit using two NE555 timer chips it flashed for 20 seconds but could be cancelled by pressing the button a second time.  

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.