memories of the 1970"s and 80"s

JeffC

Used to be a pub just far enough from school that you needed to drive to get there. 

Friday lunchtimes would often see a group of us on one side playing pool and having a quick pint, or, er, two. While of you looked carefully through the gaps in the dividing  wall behind the bar, you could see a (regular) group of the teachers sat in the snug.

We had this sort of unwritten agreement to ignore each other! Course that meant neither group doing anything to draw the others attention. The funniest bit was if you needed the loo, you'd announce it in a loud stage whisper that you were just off for a pee, the teachers would do the same, that way no one met in the corridor!  :laugh: 

Hahah brilliant think my score would be a close 100% up until a few months ago I still had the casio data watch!!!! 

A Casio watch?  They were bit to modern, Timex for me.   

Who's still got their Casio fx-100 calculator?

Iain, Watney Mann were in Brick Lane. Both sides of the road with a high level foot bridge joining the two buildings. The dealer group I worked for had a small garage at the bottom which is called Osborn St and runs out to Whitechapel. The Datsun/Nissan dealership was along Whitechapel towards the London Hospital. It was on the ground floor of the tower block called Brunning House. Next to that was our car park, which was a bomb site, now the big Mosque.

That was 40 years ago, how time flies.

Yep 100% just showed it swmbo and she was the same

Some moving memories there

I was a teenager in the 60's, but I don't remember it :)

Oh, I do, Norman  :love:  :love:  :cool:  :blush:  :oops:  :blush:  :t-up:  ;)  ;)

[slight untruth] Don't worry, you didn't miss much [/slight untruth]

I remember at least 80%

Wife remembers all... Apparently. I was born early 80's she was born mid 60's

David, you're right, that's why I wasn't watch TV or anything else to be honest :)