Bitter aftertaste

dombanks

Have to say I about choked on my drink this morning while on the main index and saw at the top, "Bitter aftertaste by Rusty Nuts"...

Hot on the heels of norms apples I'm wondering if anyone can explain a bitter aftertaste I'm getting in my soup...

It's courgette and mint. Pretty easy really: soften onion and garlic; add a whole bunch of courgette. Soften these. Add stock (veg) mint and zest of lemon. Simmer, blitz, and eat.

So it's fine and the mint courgette gives a delicate flavour but then about 20 seconds later you get a quite bitter astringent aftertaste...

Any ideas? I was wondering if I got some seeds in with the mint (it was a bit old) or a bit of rind from the Lemon.

I could cure it with salt but I think it would destroy the main taste...

a bottle of magners will sort it wuv

one of norms specials?? lol

cant abide the stuff steve but nice idea. probably the courgette skins as said. its better today after its had time to age a bit