Top Speed

Terryathome

probably be a close race against my 1300cdti company combo van :)

• Like 1

Don't be stupid!

The van will win.

this is mostly likely the case Norman, but i'd humour the guy first before winding up the boost :)

My car is geared to do 137 at 8,500 if I remember correctly. Gets up to about 130 over the line at Aintree, and still accelerating quite fast. That is with 272 bhp, and aeroscreen, so if you think you are going to go much faster than 140 in a Westfield, I can confirm you'll need an aweful lot of power, and correct gearing.

I think youre right on a track, where the straights aren't too long... but if you were on the autobahn or equivelent, (not that youd want to be mind, as Ive been there and its frightening having bmws passing you doing way over 100mph), youd no doubt with your power reach over 140 with the correct gearing. don't forget the r500 will do 150, and the csr260 will do 155, they both have less power than you. 

the big power caterham that's been talked about would no doubt go faster than 155, but is probably geared to do that. who the hell wants to go faster than that anyway???