Zetec 1.8 Engine c/w Uprated cams

Terryathome

Ford Zetec 1.8 Silvertop, New in 2005 with approx 16,000 miles, hydraulic cam type. I say Silverltop but I painted it with Halfords black paint, doesn’t look to bad if you ask me.

ARP con rod bolts fitted.

Kent cams FZ 1802 fitted.

Head has been hand ported and polished by me, just to match up the inlet ports to 45mm Jenveys and the exhaust ports to standard Westfield pipes. Jenveys are NOT included, neither is the exhaust.

The Raceline sump that I fitted to this engine is NOT included however I have the original sump which WILL be included and will need to be refitted. I did run the engine with this sump until I changed it so could run with it again or you could get it modified to give better ground clearance.

Also the adjustable vernier pulley’s have been removed but again have the original ones and WILL be included with the engine if you want them.

I also have the original Westfield steel inlet plenum with single throttle body which WILL be included in the sale.

New inlet valves fitted, exhaust ones were fine but both were lapped in.

Engine made 149bhp which was disappointing but seeing that I put the wrong head gasket in I’m not surprised. It was thicker you see so reduced the compression, if you put MSL gasket in then that will help or even a quick skim to the head to get it back on song.

The money is in the cams but don’t ask if I will split them just yet as would like to get rid of them in one go as room in the garage is at a premium at the moment.

Being totally honest here so you know what’s on offer. Inspection/collection is preferred but the engine is sitting in the plastic engine create that my Blacktop came in so could be strapped up for courier.

Price is £300 collected. If you require courier then you to arrange at your cost.

Videos of mostley port and polishing on the engine are here if your interested. http://www.youtube.com/user/terryathome/videos?sort=p&view=0&shelf_index=1

Any questions or have I covered everything?

Regards

Terry

Terry, if you're going to tell people a price 'collected' I suggest you state where you are located ;)

you can change you profile to show a broad location area (it won't show your home address...)

Fair point, I nearly covered everything lol

BB95BL

• 1 month later...

Hi, do u still have enging for sale, may be interested but will have to ring courier first.

Dave

He's on the Pyrenees to Penines run at the moment. I'll see him this afternoon and will tell him your asking. 

cheers, look forward to hearing from him.

Thanks

Dave

You'll have to forgive me, I forgot. And I sat opposite him for lunch!

I'll text blue leader to tell him.

• Like 1

Wot u like, OK no worries but I could do with knowing ASAP please. Will be calling couriers in Morning.

Thanks

Dave

Im with terry I'll let him know over breakfast

Plans may be changing, been in touch with raceline this Morning, they have a bit of a no brainier deal which includes full 2.0L engine.

Will keep u informed.

Dave

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.